#1 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,001 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Aurora, Colo. (The Weekly Vice) - Carly McKinney, a 23-year-old math teacher at Overland High School, was placed on administrative leave Tuesday after she allegedly posted semi-nude photos, sexually suggestive comments and references to drug possession on her Twitter account.

McKinney has not been charged with a crime, however she was placed on leave by Cherry Creek School District administrators after she admitted to creating the account.

The account CarlyCrunkBear @crunk_bear has since been deleted, however many of the provocative texts and some images were salvaged by cache.

http://www.theweekly...d-on-leave.html

Here's one of the blurred pics...

Posted Image

The potentially NSFW pics are here...

http://usconstitutio...carly-mckinney/

Nothing really that bad... some hand bra...

Now... my question is this... obviously this girl isn't the brightest bulb in the box... but how much "freedom" should teachers have online with this kind of stuff?

Everybody knows that teachers are no different than other people... we all have our vices and they are no different. Should teachers be allowed to have twitter and Facebook accounts and post their opinions, pictures, and other stuff openly?

Obviously there is some issue (particularly with teachers of high school kids) and having said kids see these things... but how much is OK?

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

As stupid as it is posting semi-nude pics of yourself on the internet and making suggestive statements....I don't see it as a big deal.

The drug comments might be more of an issue because it's something that could be something seen by an impressionable kid as being ok to do.

Making comments/doing things against the law=yes...there's a problem

Taking pics of yourself wearing something skimpy and being "outgoing"= none of the district's business

#3 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,293 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

I would love to introduce my member to her equation.

#4 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,218 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

She's not going to get in trouble unless they prove she broke the law. It's not a huge issue and she will be embarrassed by it.

But don't 23 year old educated women understand basic risk management. I understand when social media first started people didn't get it but now you should know.

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

I removed any reference to my current employer from my facebook account. And I generally avoid referencing my current employer here or any other message board, just in case. No point in making it easy for them to fire me. :)

#6 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,218 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I removed any reference to my current employer from my facebook account. And I generally avoid referencing my current employer here or any other message board, just in case. No point in making it easy for them to fire me. :)

Does Taco Bell really care that much?

BURN!

#7 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Does Taco Bell really care that much?

BURN!

You found me out. :)

#8 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

The act itself bothers me less so than the fact that, given her position, she really should have known better.

That makes me think she's either not terribly bright or has poor judgment, neither of which is a good quality to have in a teacher.

#9 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,988 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

hot but clearly an idiot

#10 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

She is just trying to promote math.

Bet she doesnt have any trouble having folks sign up for her classes now

#11 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,988 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

She's not going to get in trouble unless they prove she broke the law. It's not a huge issue and she will be embarrassed by it.

But don't 23 year old educated women understand basic risk management. I understand when social media first started people didn't get it but now you should know.

i have tons of friends tweeting about and posting stupid poo publicly on their facebook walls all the time. like people in their mid 20s who should know better at this point.

i mean it's just common knowledge now that if you're in any form of contact with an employer for a job opportunity they'll be internet sherlock holmes-ing the hell out of you.

#12 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

You don't have to break the law to get fired.

She is just trying to promote math.

Danica McKellar did it better :lol:

#13 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,218 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

i have tons of friends tweeting about and posting stupid poo publicly on their facebook walls all the time. like people in their mid 20s who should know better at this point.

i mean it's just common knowledge now that if you're in any form of contact with an employer for a job opportunity they'll be internet sherlock holmes-ing the hell out of you.

At least facebook you can make pretty private. Tweets are out there for anyone usually.

#14 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

But...she's a chick....

But...she's hot....

I will say, it's unfair to an extent. What she does in her free time is her business, and that should include social networking. Having said that, she needs to up her security on her social networking, because she is a public figure, being a teacher. As far as calling a student jail bait, that just makes her an idiot.

#15 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

My employer would fire me for that....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com