Gabeking's first mock

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

My first attempt at any mock of ANY kind, enjoy.

Posted Image
Round 1 - Chance Warmack (OG/Alabama): would provide us a potentially dominant interior OLine for years to come if amini continues to improve and warmack plays up to his potential.

Posted Image
Round 2 - Jonathan Cyprien (Safety/FIU): Going out on a limb with this one and might get some flak for it but I really think the panthers will choose a safety with one of the first two picks considering panthers were gonna choose Barron over keek last year if barron was still on the board (thank the heavens he wasnt). I know he's another small school guy that faced inferior competition but he was phenomenal in the senior bowl and on video showing the coverage skills and athleticism that haruki unfortunately lacked, plus he isn't afraid to lay it down hard and seems to have good leadership and character traits as well, could be stellar if coached up right and would be a solid pick IMO.

Posted Image
Round 4 - Tavarres King (Georgia/WR): Another prospect with a solid senior bowl performance and would be a solid outside downfield threat for cam, a little on the lean side though and can drop some at times but would be good value here IMO.

Posted Image
Round 5 - Kwame Geathers (DT/Georgia): Two consecutive Georgia players, Kwame might be gone well before this pick due to his huge, imposing size and athleticism at 355/6'5 , but if he is still on the board here he would be another great value pick and could potentially shore up the middle of our d-line for a long time, or at least would be able to eat up space and take up blockers in a way fua would only dream of.

Posted Image
Round 6 - Caleb Sturgis (Florida/K): We've been missing consistency at the kicker spot ever since kasay left, Caleb was great at Florida and can hopefully continue his consistent production here.

If we had/when we get a comp pick I would put Gerald hodges there, but I will wait until those picks are official until I make changes.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously can't grant all wishes and fill up all holes in one draft (especially without that third, which makes this a lot more difficult obviously.) Would also be a dream if the panthers traded down to acquire more picks once draft day rolls along, but I won't do trades in my mocks. All feedback bad or good is welcome, thanks for reading!

#2 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,543 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Switch up King with the best CB available and I love it.

#3 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

Switch up King with the best CB available and I love it.

Yeah I was debating between king and Robert Alford but chose king cuz cam needs some more downfield threats with smitty getting older and I'm not a fan of Murphy

#4 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Not bad at all. Though I'd almost bet my life that Warmack won't be a panther.

#5 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

need to go check this S on youtube.....

geathers looks like an absolute tank of a man

#6 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

Not bad at all. Though I'd almost bet my life that Warmack won't be a panther.

Unfortunately you're probably right, might not even last till 14 to be honest but would be the best choice IMO which is why I put him there

#7 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Good mock sir...

#8 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Would say I was happy with Gettleman if the draft fell this way

#9 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Thanks guys more opinions are always welcome

#10 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,669 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Very nice for a 1st mock...ever

#11 Lemory

Lemory

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • LocationRivera's Doghouse

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Not bad. On a side note i was poking around BR and Matt Miller has us taking Jarvis Jones. First and Last time i go back there lol.

#12 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Very nice for a 1st mock...ever

Yeah I never got around to it but I love the draft so much so might as well make my first in gettleman's first year lol

#13 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

Not Bad.

#14 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

I would sign for this.

#15 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

I don't like your choice of kicker.

Why? He's the only one without a red jersey. Find one that wears red and we could have a monochromatic draft class.

Seriously though, good effort. I kinda doubt Warmack will be there at 14 though, and if he is, maybe we could find a trade down partner. My only other question involves Cyprien. It seems to me our need is greater at FS, not SS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com