Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your effective Tax Rate, if you dare.

126 posts in this topic

Posted

We're between 40-45% of GDP for just the taxes alone. This does not factor in regulatory penalties, fees, etc which are essentially hidden taxes. When it is all said and done we can be between 70%-85% of what you buy being related to governmental costs of doing business in America.

Still noticing a distinct lack of certain people posting their information on this thread.

Posted

Finally filed my taxes yesterday. 11.51% effective tax rate. Eat your heart out Mitt Romney. :)

Posted

20.57%

Posted

MFJ

2 Dependents

Posted

20.57%

Cool, so you only had to work Monday and just a little bit on Tuesday to handle your "fair share".

Good for you.

Posted

I paid myself a salary through a payroll service which withholds about 15% of the total tax I pay. I am writing a check for for the rest tomorrow. It's the biggest check i have written except for my house down-payment.

Oh well.

Posted

Cool, so you only had to work Monday and just a little bit on Tuesday to handle your "fair share".

Good for you.

The state will typically handle the rest of tuesday.

Posted

I usually give the feds Friday morning. I don't do poo on Friday mornings.

Posted

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama paid $112,214 in federal income taxes in 2012 on adjusted gross income of $608,611, an effective rate of 18.4%, the White House said Friday.

:cigar:

Posted

I'll go ahead and remind everyone one final time of how this thread is lacking in quite a number of sanctimonious asshats that are quick to demand sacrifice on everyone else's part. I am guessing this whole notion of "fair share" doesn't apply to them

Posted

I am P disappointed that we didn't get as many answers as I had hoped.

Posted

Because the only thing more fun than doing your taxes is talking about them