Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Smith knocks the read option...

159 posts in this topic

Posted

If Smith would just catch the damn ball we could have been in the playoffs.

Posted

You have lost all credibility to me.

Oh no!!

Why though?? Did I say Trent Dilfer was a genius who knows everything? I just asked why Steve Smith's opinion is considered better.

Posted

That San Francisco offense, had only scored 6 pts by half time, and would have gotten absolutely steamrolled if it wasn't for that almost game saving (for the Niners) black out!! Lucky them. That's so completely forgotten.

Posted

Do I have to explain why Steve Smith's opinion is considered better than an outsider like Trent Dilfer? this is ridiculous. But then again Steve is "me" first right. He doesnt want the team to succeed, he just wants to pad his stats so he can retire with some glorious stats.

Posted

time isnt the only variable, its space and speed also. . and furthermore its vector and not speed, there is a difference.

That is interesting. Do you have a study on it you can link up that may explain that in more detail??

Posted

It's a change up.

Anything done too much is easy to counter.

It should be part of our offense, not the basis of our offense.

Yep. The reason we struggled early was because Chud was running that stuff almost as our base look. It works better as a suprise play 4-5 times a game IMO.

1 person likes this

Posted

Do I have to explain why Steve Smith's opinion is considered better than an outsider like Trent Dilfer? this is ridiculous. But then again Steve is "me" first right. He doesnt want the team to succeed, he just wants to pad his stats so he can retire with some glorious stats.

Yeah. I would love for you to explain it. Thanks!!

Posted

That is interesting. Do you have a study on it you can link up that may explain that in more detail??

Picture this. Would a RB getting a handoff straight to the desired location be faster than a RB having to wait for the QB to read the defense, stopping still, be faster? Hmmmm....this is getting borderline retarded.

Posted

Honestly, regardless of how anyone on here feels about it, a guy like Smith expressing this much disdain for it doesn't speak well of its chances for being seen as much next year.

Even gore said he didn't like it at first until he starts racking up 100 yards a game with little effort. If Smith doesn't shut up with his old ass he might find himself in the chopping block to clear up cap space. The only time I hear about Smith is when he is whining about something.

Posted

Anyone else notice out version of it was so much slower than WAS or SF

more like an all around shittier version

Posted

Seeing those teams play it is obvious to me:

1. We do not have the Oline we need. Not even close.

2. Our secondary is god fuging awful

3. We have no recievers, Lafell should be competiting for #3, not our best option at #2 (besides an aging smitty who really needs a Welker/slot/#2 type role) Complete neglect at wr.

4. We have no coaching

5. Our run game spending has hurt us more than anything since we have Cam

6. JR sucks, you know I had to

Posted

Picture this. Would a RB getting a handoff straight to the desired location be faster than a RB having to wait for the QB to read the defense, stopping still, be faster? Hmmmm....this is getting borderline retarded.

Well in a read option that shouldn't happen. The RB should be lined up to the side and slightly behind the QB. The QB is supposed to just turn, read the DE or linebacker, and either give or keep, all without the RB breaking stride.

In the scenario you just presented the QB would not be making a quick enough read if it is that slow to develop. Thus they wouldn't be running it right.