Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saw Silver Linings Playbook

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Current odds in Vegas....

Oscars - Best Actress Winner

Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook 4/7

Emannuelle Riva - Amour 11/4

Jessica Chastain - Zero Dark Thirty 15/4

Naomi Watts - The Impossible 33/1

Quvenzhane Wallis - Beasts Of The Southern Wild 50/1

Posted

She has an annoying overplayed awkwardness about her personality though. It's just strange and those are the kind of girls that are intentionally "weird" and strive to be overly different and strange just for the sake of being different.

That's just me though. Plus I don't think she's attractive, but I've been known to have a weird taste.

I get the overplayed awkwardness thing about her personality....good point. Right now I find it attractive but defitnitely see how it could get old rather quickly.

Posted

Current odds in Vegas....

Oscars - Best Actress Winner

Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook 4/7

Emannuelle Riva - Amour 11/4

Jessica Chastain - Zero Dark Thirty 15/4

Naomi Watts - The Impossible 33/1

Quvenzhane Wallis - Beasts Of The Southern Wild 50/1

Really...!? Well, that's strange. I really don't get the major buzz behind that performance still.

Posted

Really...!? Well, that's strange. I really don't get the major buzz behind that performance still.

Watch "Winter's Bone".

Posted

Watch "Winter's Bone".

Never got around to seeing that one. Just from the, what, 3 movies I've seen with her (?), she has still yet to impress me at the level some people are supposedly seeing.

Posted

Never got around to seeing that one. Just from the, what, 3 movies I've seen with her (?), she has still yet to impress me at the level some people are supposedly seeing.

Winter's Bone is probably her best flick, and it was up for best picture too I believe. That movie+Silver Linings Playbook puts her up there on top actresses right now. She just has to stay away from bad movies like House at the End of the Street. Hopefully an Oscar will help her do that.

Posted

Winter's Bone came on last night and its on my DVR. I'll probably watch it later

Posted

SLP was good and I understand the Oscar noms but I'm just not a fan of the casting (not the individual actors)

It just didn't vibe with me.

Posted

Best directed/acted movie of the year.

We need to get used to movies in which characters show realistic emotion and aren't on the 27th take of a scene in which their movements need to be perfectly calculated. Minimalism/realism is the next big thing in movies because it will gel with the viewers.

totally agree. if you pay attention, you can tell with something was ad libbed or some improv was going on. i hate conversations in a film where a person doesn't repeat themselves or has some form of bad cadence.

movies where the conversations are perfect yet manufactured don't do it for me.

i like directors, and Russell is one of them, where improv is expected and you might get the script for your scenes early that am. you don't have time to over think it or put too much of yourself into it.

Posted

She is a tad goofy off screen but Winters Bone does show some the gal can act.

Posted

It was better than Argo. Yep.

Posted

The movie came out on DVD today so I decide to watch it..and wow what a great acting movie no special affects just great acting. I loved it.

How can you not love Jennifer Lawrence after watching that? Bradley Cooper who knew he was such a great actor? I enjoyed it 2 thumbs up.