Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rivera says things are on track to be under cap and hints at FA

64 posts in this topic

Posted

good stuff.

i would love for us to answer these guys with vets via FA or trade for late round picks(when/if needed):

Punter

Kicker

Center

Guard

Tight End

DT

Running Back

and then these be what we use the draft for (when/if needed):

Safety

Linebacker

Cornerback

WR

Offensive Tackle

QB

Defensive End

I agree 100% with some exceptions being made based upon value(such as Star miracously falling to us at 14).

Posted

not that we didn't expect this, but there isn't a snowball's chance in hell Gamble doesn't get cut

he could always restructure, we be like pay cut down to $2 mil a year or we cut you and you get nothing, we don't have to out right cut him but its the most likely route

Posted

not that we didn't expect this, but there isn't a snowball's chance in hell Gamble doesn't get cut

he could always restructure, we be like pay cut down to $2 mil a year or we cut you and you get nothing, we don't have to out right cut him but its the most likely route

Posted

george wilson, kevin boothe, gosider cherilus.....wish panthers had enough to get them guys...dont know much they would cost but they are not that known and had top 10 performances last year at their positions,

Posted

i'm getting the feeling that all three of those guys will be gone by #14.

i-haz-a-sad-lolcat.jpg

Posted

I still think Jesse Williams is going to fly up everyone's big board after the combine, and deservingly so. He's not all combine numbers like Poe even though he night break his bench press record.

I don't really like Vacarro but that could be a guy we take if (god forbid) Patterson/Floyd are gone.

Posted

so if we cut a player now, we can resign them after march 12th?

Posted

yep. it eliminates a lot of the pressure of having to draft for needs and just get the best players/playmakers.

i just don't trust rookie linemen to not look bad their first year. were it up to me interior linemen would always be vets. i'm not big on drafting any of them, esp. early. i'm even less enthusiatic about starting them early. OT the only benefit of drafting one early is cost vs. picking up a vet. the rest of the guys i'd just rather we keep putting vets who won't get pushed around and make stupid rookie mistakes.

Preach, no need to draft young guys in the middle. A lot of times it is experience not talent that allows for success at OG and DT.

Posted

I agree 100% with some exceptions being made based upon value(such as Star miracously falling to us at 14).

no doubt.

Posted

I have my eyes set on 3 free agents right now that I think may be affordable(pending how much room we can clear).

1.Kenny Phillips(FS, NYG)

2.Chris Canty(DT, NYG)

3.Louis Vasquez (RG San Diego)

Then I'd like to try and retain

Dwan Edwards

Jason Phillips

and maybe these guys pending other moves made

Senn and Munnerlyn.

THIS!

Though Kenny is a SS. We'll have to move Godfrey back to FS, which will def make our defense better.

1 person likes this