rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,144 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

my list to a good offense

1.qb(cam newton)
2.oline(star left tackle first priority)
3.star deep threat wr1+wr2(harrison/wayne)
4.slot wr(quick+good route runner+sure hands)/te(catch+block+tall mismatch in redzone)
5.rb(good vision+ game speed+ break tackles+catch out of backfield)

So what you're saying is to have a good offense, we need to put good players at every position. I feel this is a groundbreaking theory.

#137 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

^^ yes just putting the importance of each position in order. that is all.

#138 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,452 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

Are you dead certain you can name 32 players better than, say, Chance Warmack?

Pretty much nobody goes pure BPA. For example, going purely on grades the Panthers might have Geno Smith rated higher than Chance Warmack, but given the current roster, it would make no sense to draft Smith over Warmack.

When the team creates its draft board, it will take need (and lack of need) into account, and will set their priorities accordingly. You just don't wanna be in a position where you're a slave to it because it limits your options.

Bottom Line: Draft boards are pretty much never built on player ratings alone. Ours is no exception.

This is exactly the point I'm making. When a team constructs a board, it factors in more than overall player ranking-those additional factors-such as positional value, are the reason Guards are not BPA in the first.

#139 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

If we get a G I would rather have Warford in the second.

#140 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,632 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

This is exactly the point I'm making. When a team constructs a board, it factors in more than overall player ranking-those additional factors-such as positional value, are the reason Guards are not BPA in the first.

You don't think a GM who goes by the phrase "you win with big men" puts a high value on a guard?

#141 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,882 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

If good guards are so extremely easy to find why have we had poo guards for the past 5 years

Winner

#142 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,520 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

6`1 215 pound WR that has produced and can run the entire route tree. he is already rising and the last 3 videos on panthers.com involve him.yeah i know its because they had their pro day last week,and mike craft loves him.

the previous offseason was the 1st time he went through football work outs because he played bball the other 2 years and you can tell by the way he exploded this past season.

I would not be mad if he was the pick at 14. I love that dude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.