• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#61 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

Yes the leader of North Korea has never elevated their rhetoric like this before!!!~!@!@!!

#62 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,994 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

US has been feeding North Korean people for decades and now we stop... North Korean is broke nation so they barking in hopes of US giving them millions of dollars in aid again just to shut up. Its not working... North Korea might push its luck this time and its not gonna be pretty. North Korean people are brain washed by their government. Its a sad world we living in.

#63 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Everyone in Austin is excited to have made it to the "Cities to Nuke" list.

#64 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Austin on NK's "axis of evil" list

#65 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,465 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

NK outnumbers the us military 10-1. It will be a ground war much like Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam. It won't be a cake walk.

#66 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

http://unaustin.tumblr.com/

#67 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

The one with Texas coaches is great

#68 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Most of those are pretty localized humor.

#69 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Sorry to disappoint, but I SERIOUSLY doubt NK is any more of a threat now than before. I spent 3 years in SK (just got back in May 2012) and I have learned a few things about the situation. First off, SK is very interested in reunification. In fact reportedly they were very close to beginning the process before Jong Il died. The son is young but brash. He is very uninformed of world politics including the actual politics of his nation with respect to the UN. He lacks the support of his most senior commanders and the disenfranchised public is dangerously close to revolt. The country is literally starving. They lack the industry and the funds to wage war and even the slightest decrease in world food aide would lead to thousands maybe even hundreds of thousands starving to death in months. War is not an option for this country.

However, NK serves as a buffer between the US and China. That is the only reason this region of the world is even relevant. China is secretly sabotaging reunification talks between the two Koreas in order to maintain a communist neighbor, even at the expense of the Korean people. As far as a fight between NK and SK, the size of the NK's military is its biggest weakness. They simply cannot feed that many people with any reasonable success without massive aid from guess who, US!! But they do have considerable artillery technology which is speculated to be able to reach WELL within SK. With all this in mind the most likely outcome of this is basically more of the same. The two puppet masters (US and China) have a vested interest in backing their respective sides and the Korean people, north and south, are not capable of escaping that strong of an influence.

#70 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Now there's a reasonable assessment.

North Korea is a lot like Iraq was - a giant army with terrible logistics, and outdated technology. The only difference is that unlike Iraq, a goodly portion of the population might actually consider us as liberators, and China would most certainly step in with humanitarian aid in order to try and get as much China friendly attitudes on their side as possible.

#71 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

That being said, unless we have Bush II in charge, we will not be making crap up in order to invade it.

#72 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,747 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

Let China have North Korea.

#73 Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

That being said, unless we have Bush II in charge, we will not be making crap up in order to invade it.

Damned right, this isn't Afghanistan.

#74 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

So I take it you will not be arming the Muslim North Korean resistance Ronnie?

#75 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,967 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

I think like others have said, we'll see a NK revolt from the inside first. Their citizens probably don't even understand that aid was coming from the US, just that we were an evil power that wants to take them over. When food runs out, they'll take matters in their own hands. If they were only educated/aware of how successful SK has become (and some might) they would welcome unification.

I wouldn't mind seeing a co-op with China on taking down this regime and rebuilding the country/unification with SK. I think it would benefit everyone involved. China is a business now, and NK is bad for business.

I just don't know how many threats we can listen to before action is taken. In a way, if we're going to take action, I'd rather us strike first to limit casualities in SK/Japan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com