• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

i've got to say i love watching that guy.

i love QBs who can throw and run well.

i love RBs who can carry the ball and receive well.

i love TEs who can block on the OL and catch well.

i love WRs who can catch and run the ball well.

i love multi-threat players. the more lethal dimensions you add and can incorporate well, the more dangerous as a team you become.

#62 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Although I hate "blacklisting" certain schools, how many players have lit it up at WVU and done nothing in the NFL lately? Noel Devine(who did this same thing to people in college), Pat White, Slaton, Pacman, whatever that Fullbacks' name was, and our own Brandon Hogan. Are there any productive WVU players in the NFL right now?

Very valid point and as Pantherman89 pointed out most of those you named came from the Rich Rod era. Holgersen is a different coach where route running and real football plays are called. Rich Rod was speed and more speed with a good offensive line.

#63 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Im all for Austin but still would like to see at least as Kevin Walter signing if no splurge name WR is signed...which is typical. Austin brought in as a slot ST guy who can really return: JOESEPH ADAMS! 4.3 speed, played large in big games against top competetion and dominated as a WR.

Imagine the wr screens with smitty on one side and Austin on the other..just need another good pass catching TE!! Damn this roster has too many holes..

#64 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

We need speed, and even though some fanboys will have their feeling hurt by this comment. Realistically Smith is not a burner anymore. CB and DT still a weakness. Saftey feels like it has been a weakness for 10 years though I wouldn't want it addressed in the first.

#65 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

We need speed, and even though some fanboys will have their feeling hurt by this comment. Realistically Smith is not a burner anymore. CB and DT still a weakness. Saftey feels like it has been a weakness for 10 years though I wouldn't want it addressed in the first.

Draft is so deep with good Wr I wouldnt cry if we passed on Austin. Plenty of talented WR can be had in the 2nd round.

#66 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,569 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

1. FA started yesterday at four. A team with 4 mil in extra money may not be ready to make an ill-advised splash like Miami and these other teams blowing money. It has been seventeen hours.

2.Lets get cerebral.

That still doesn't discount what I said. By doing "something" in the draft, I mean we better have an above average draft, even more impactful (and to the point) than our last couple of drafts if we want to improve upon last year. I am not looking to make any splash, much less an ill-advised one, but a ripple would have been nice. We made a ripple today with the signing of Florence, so now I can get back to being cerebral. Don't mistake impatience for stupidity.

Perhaps by the end of Saturday we will have made two or three more little--barely perceptible ripples with the signing of Barden, Hixon, Massaquois or Ben Watson. And if we're really lucky maybe we can land DHB or Brandon Myers.

#67 MCC

MCC

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Seriously, it's hard not to want to take him after his stats from last year, his combine results, and his highlight film.

Like someone else said, producing in college and having a great combine usually equates to a good nfl career barring injury.

#68 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

I was quite high on Austin about a week ago, but now I'm starting to get worried about his height. I hope it doesn't stop him from getting open.

#69 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,562 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

I was quite high on Austin about a week ago, but now I'm starting to get worried about his height. I hope it doesn't stop him from getting open.

Austin is something special. If we miss out on him, we might get a shot at De'Anthony Thomas. Either way, they're playmakers and that's what Getts likes. They won't be Smitty replacements but they'll contribute right away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com