Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Was Wrong, REALLY Wrong

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah It's impossible to judge now but I'm certainly not ranting and raving about our secondary like some of now are.

Mitchell has been awful throughout his career and at CB we have a plethora of nickels but no sure fire starter. Frankly I think we should have invested the resources in a legitimate talent to help solidify it and rolled with what we have rather than trying to collect a whole bunch of players at each position and hoping one works out.

Posted

Gettleman is definitely targeting the trenches and weapons for Cam.

Is that sarcasm?

Posted

Is that sarcasm?

How so?

I have a gut-feeling Getts will go DT, OT/G and WR in the first three rounds.

Posted

plenty of young secondary players already on the roster. inexpensive veterans are exactly the kind of additions to make in a tight cap situation.

Posted

yeah you were being such a fuging idiot. I had to punch your avatar on my computer. You owe me a new computer btw. K?

Posted

Gettlemans philosophy is not really that far outside the box. Its simple. You don't have to overpay to get good football players

Posted

So far he's shown he has a distinct plan. Nothing more or less.

Posted

It would have been nice to land a bigger name free agent at the beginning of the FA period, but we all knew that really wouldn't happen.

I have to say, I am impressed thus far with ol' Gets. He isn't signing any all stars, but solid hungry players for dirt cheap. Giving them their one year contracts to try and prove something to either the team or the league. Nothing wrong with that at all. I fully expect some, if not most, of these players to suck, but unlike with hurney, we won't be paying them an arm and a leg to suck.

Posted

Gettlemania!

Posted

OK his selling point for JR was his Pro personnel evaluation skills. So if he believes we can get good value out of these players. Maybe fill a role for a year or two. I am all in. If they fail it was worth a try with the money we have.

Posted

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Don't get overly excited though.

Posted

he's just getting started. wait until he's actually got cap space to work with.

good god I can't wait to see what he does with some cap room