Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jakob

I Was Wrong, REALLY Wrong

Cracka McNasty    7,597

It would have been nice to land a bigger name free agent at the beginning of the FA period, but we all knew that really wouldn't happen.

I have to say, I am impressed thus far with ol' Gets. He isn't signing any all stars, but solid hungry players for dirt cheap. Giving them their one year contracts to try and prove something to either the team or the league. Nothing wrong with that at all. I fully expect some, if not most, of these players to suck, but unlike with hurney, we won't be paying them an arm and a leg to suck.

OK his selling point for JR was his Pro personnel evaluation skills. So if he believes we can get good value out of these players. Maybe fill a role for a year or two. I am all in. If they fail it was worth a try with the money we have.

frash.exe    10,837

he's just getting started. wait until he's actually got cap space to work with.

good god I can't wait to see what he does with some cap room

DeeJay    1,282

So now we can focus more on the upcoming draft.....

Gross better take a pay cut

iamhubby1    3,067

Even for a homer like me, it is too early to judge his impact. He has given Rivera some competition, but no clear cut #1. Considering the restraints put upon him by the previous GM, he has done well.

The man knows the meaning of a buck. He also knows football players. Those two go well together. You have to see a bright future.

As long as Ron and Dave work together, Because you just have to believe these two guys can get it done. The only thing we have to fear is our offense regressing. Best case scenario. Shula and Cam click. Which makes us a dangerous team. Rivera keeps the D near the top ten and we are a very dangerous team.

With no money.

Mr. Scot    35,017

I didn't slam him earlier, and I won't praise him now. Lets wait and see what happens on Fall Sundays over the next few years.

Agreed. Way too early to judge.

That said, I like the moves so far.