Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dwan Edwards Staying

232 posts in this topic

Posted

They said Gettleman was a grinder. I believe it now.

Posted

Well we needed at a 3 tech badly and unless you trust Colin Cole at NT too. Now we just need a NT to complete the line.

Remember Kearse can play both UT and NT

1 person likes this

Posted

Definitely didn't see that coming. Thought sure he was on his way out.

Gotta give Gettleman credit.

Posted

Agreed, I would look at Jesse Williams (if he falls to the second), Brandon Williams and to a lesser extent Jenkins in the second round....

I also really like Hughes in the fourth, and T.J. Barnes in the fifth....

+1

Posted

Dave Gettleman said this wk #Panthers had a "puncher's chance" to re-sign @captain_41 and Dwan Edwards. Dude has a haymaker.

Even if Joe P said this.... I like it

Posted

Best news this week. The Panthers ship stopped leaking.

Posted

I really Hope we get boothe but I doubt it, one of lineman is willing to take a paycut for him to stay. By the way isnt he a lg?

Posted

If Star or Floyd fall to us at 14 it is the obvious choice. If they are both gone, we take best OT if one of the top 3 is still left. If not we take best WR. All assuming we don't trade down which is why I'm really hoping for.

Either way I have absolutely NO DOUBT that we will leave the draft with a starter out of the first and second rounds at least

Posted

I really Hope we get boothe but I doubt it, one of lineman is willing to take a paycut for him to stay. By the way isnt he a lg?

He's versatile so I'm pretty sure he could play RG

Posted

GettleBOSS

Posted

see i told you he'd give in. That really leaves us I think we draft a top lineman now, or corner. I still don't see a WR.

Posted

The first round DT bust rate (48%) is scary. Richardson could be great, but he could bust because he is one-dimensional. I keep thinking a 3-4 team would want him more than a 4-3.

Could we be looking at Cooper (G) in the first? Not an ideal RT, but with a mobile QB, could be a nice fit.

Here are some key questions I have, based on the fact that most DTs are developmental. Usually, it takes 2 years to come of age.

Fua and Kearse are entering year 3. Could either step up and become a solid NT?