Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Juice to waivers?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Chip_Alexander @ice_chip

Hearing Jokinen, Wallace to go on waivers at noon.

Cray Cray.

I'll be sad to see him go. I have some great memories of him in a Canes sweater.

But, I can't say I'm surprised. It needed to happen sooner rather than later.

Posted

Tough to see a guy that's played hard for us go, but that contract was terrible.

Posted

Sucks that we couldn't move Jussi for something. Maybe they are freeing up a couple of roster spots for a trade and those are the most logical cuts at this point.

Posted

Needed to be traded or cut. His contract was bad and he was playing awful.

Posted

wow bit surprised we couldnt move him for anything, but thanks for the time you had here Jussi

Posted

I bet Jokinen was one of the pieces JR put in for that Murray trade that the Pens stole. I'm bothered by Wallace though he played the body and I liked that. I guess he didn't do much else.

Posted

Do we get compensation if someone signs him?

Posted

He may not even get claimed, Komisarek a pretty good defenseman who didn't get claimed because of his 3 million dollar contract. In my opinion, if he does get claimed, it will be by a playoff team.

Posted

Yes. We lose his cap hit.

Posted

Look for a trade of some sort in the next 24-48 hours.

Posted

I dont think this means a trade happens. LaRose is back off IR and takes his spot. This is about getting 3M off the books for next season.

Posted

I dont think this means a trade happens. LaRose is back off IR and takes his spot. This is about getting 3M off the books for next season.

They opened up two roster spots and the only reason to get rid of the 3 million and open a roster spot is if you are on the verge of adding someone that will cost comparably next season and you need the roster spot now.

Plus it's reported that there was some interest in him via trade and that wasn't taken, so add them both together and I think it points to a trade. It was also reported that there might be some movement by some of the Canes reporters on twitter. Waiting for the healthy scratch tonight to see if something is indeed going down or not.