Photo
- - - - -

So whatever happened to Johnathan Hankins?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

If we could somehow land tavon Austin ot patterson in the 1st and Hankins slip to the second I'd be in love with the draft and gettleman would need a statute built outside the stadium lol

#12 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yeah, nothing. All this 'movement' with guys shooting up or falling down draft boards is media hype, I doubt team boards change a whole lot

Yep, and Hankins was on board that train until he underwhelmed at the combine. Big Hank has been carrying a big red flag since high school and he hasn't given scouts any confidence that his work ethic has improved.

#13 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Big JON Hankins is still one of my favorite prospect and my no.2/3 best DT.

(1) Star
(2) Floyd/Hankins
(3) Sheldon

He's exactly the player we need also. A true big body NT. He's more than a run stuffer. Hankins is a better interior pass rusher than Star and a better sideline to sideline tackler. Has some quickness to make tackles across the field. Only question is his physical condition.

#14 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

If we could somehow land tavon Austin ot patterson in the 1st and Hankins slip to the second I'd be in love with the draft and gettleman would need a statute built outside the stadium lol

Amen. And a FS in the 4th

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Yep, and Hankins was on board that train until he underwhelmed at the combine. Big Hank has been carrying a big red flag since high school and he hasn't given scouts any confidence that his work ethic has improved.

He didn't overwhelmed at the combine. He had a so so combine like most of the other DTs. In a wonderful world, teams do questions his work ethic and he falls right to our lap at 44.

#16 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

He didn't overwhelmed at the combine. He had a so so combine like most of the other DTs. In a wonderful world, teams do questions his work ethic and he falls right to our lap at 44.

No thanks. Brandon, Sly and Jesse Williams completely outclassed him. Hell, I rather take an UT like Short (who lost 15 lbs for the Senior Bowl and Combine) over Hankins.

#17 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

Hankins is a soft body. He is not overly athletic and is not a mammoth for a nose tackle. The bigger guys like Jenkins and Williams are going to get picked before him because of size, Brandon Williams may even go before him because he is that bigger coveted guy and has a great work ethic. Either way we can get a nose tackle at 44, I hope that it ends up being Jesse Williams and if not Hankins will do just fine.

#18 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
Stop Making Threads...

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hankins stock fell because he was never a Top 15 prospect to begin with. The combine pretty much killed his chances to be a first rounder. He was slow, stiff, and didn't impress scouts with his work ethic.

Pretty much answers my question

#19 MDPanthersFan

MDPanthersFan

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

I must be very confused but why does everyone continue to label Hankins as a NT? Looking at the videos/highlights, he was always playing as a 3-tech DT (Single gap shooter); did I miss something in watching those videos?

#20 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Pretty much answers my question

If it were true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users