32 replies to this topic

#31 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,712 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Should that matter since there are no gun stores?

Either way...find another simlarly sized city with Chicago density of population and availability to guns as Houston has.

#32 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,074 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

http://www.carolinah...d-gun-violence/

#33 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Should that matter since there are no gun stores?

Either way...find another simlarly sized city with Chicago density of population and availability to guns as Houston has.

I've demonstrated in other threads that one could correlate population density with a higher crime rate.

Throw something like guns into the equation, obviously you're going to have a higher gun violence rate per capita.

Basically, statistics can be tailored to suit the person desiring them's confirmation biases. Much like your example did so, ironically, to January temperature.

My true theory is that people are crazy in general, and that the more people in an area with regards to area size is why people's crazy factor is amplified enough for them to become violent in the first place. It's interesting to me how, when isolated, people crave human interaction, and when they are bombarded with human interaction they generally become introverted and want to be left alone.

I've only tested this theory against the US, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.