Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers release LB Onatolu

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I went over to Spotrac and I didnt see in his contract any dead money, so I believe we gain the 700K. I could be wrong though....

You are right, there was no signing bonus, so it's a clean savings of his base salary

Posted

Hoping for a DT or a RG. Fingers crossed!

This

Posted

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

wonder if he showed up for offseason workouts yesterday, and if he did, there was some issue that popped up. otherwise, yeah, roster move has to becoming. panthers have plenty of roster space, though.

Posted

So current LB's are Beason, Keeks, Davis, Blackburn, Senn, Williams, Hogue?

Blackburn is a more than competent backup, Senn and Williams a short time fill in. Hogue is a guy.

Hmmm.

Posted

Not sure if it's to clear 775k in cap space or just to clear dead weight?

Either way, this move makes sense.

Posted

I went over to Spotrac and I didnt see in his contract any dead money, so I believe we gain the 700K. I could be wrong though....

You are right, there was no signing bonus, so it's a clean savings of his base salary

Well sorta. Remember, any time you release someone it bumps a low contract player into the top 51 who otherwise wouldn't have counted against the cap. The real savings are probably in the 200-300 range. Anyone we signed would presumably move that person back off the cap to be replaced by their new cap hit.

So it works like this, in theory - Supposing we were at exactly our cap and we released Onatolu providing a true savings of around 300k, but we could still sign someone with exactly the same cap hit as before because it would push the new cap hit back off of our cap total.

Posted

Can't believe this man is GONE.. What a Highlight Video!

Posted

Do we lose $775K in cap space or gain? 'Cap hit' could be read either way to me haha

gain.

Posted

Oh man, he's going to show back up on Youtube and Twitter under a fake ID to hype himself back up again. He may even show up here hahaha.

Posted

What am I going to do with my Onatolu jersey, now?

Posted

What am I going to do with my Onatolu jersey, now?

take it back to goodwill. that's what i'm doing anyway.