Photo
- - - - -

NFL.com's latest mock out today. They have us drafting.. You guessed it.

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#46 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,546 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

That is the same idiot who warned us not to draft Kuechly.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012/3/24/2898251/why-drafting-luke-kuechly-would-be-a-mistake

Just sayin.

I said take Newton 2 years and Kuechly last year. Doesn't mean I know what I am talking about either. Or that I don't.....

Just sayin..........

#47 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,690 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

News flash: the panthers are not going to select richardson. Fact.

#48 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

lol It's like he doesnt even see it when he makes these kinds of posts

We just signed 2 WR and you still want to get a WR. Just saying that Dwan signing is no reason not to draft him.

#49 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,021 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

DT is nowhere near a safe pick. The bust rate for 1st round DT's is extremely high.

I don't know. Looking at the DTs drafted in the first half of the first round over the last few years, most of these guys turned out to be starters quickly and a few superstars.

http://www.nfl.com/d...d=round1#round1

#50 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,735 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

he emphasized the size of the players on the lines more than anything.

look at mass. he wants big guys.

#51 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

all these wide receivers are one hell of a bluff if that's who we're actually targeting.

i think it pretty much guarantees one of our first two picks will be WR

#52 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

We just signed 2 WR and you still want to get a WR. Just saying that Dwan signing is no reason not to draft him.

just like signing hixon and ginn are not reasons for us not to draft a quality receiver in the first two rounds if hes the best player available on gettleman's board.

News flash: the panthers are not going to select richardson. Fact.

maaaan.. i want that blue ice pop in ur avi :/

#53 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,563 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

Did you make that post because you knew someone would call it out? The joe person jokes that you just set up have the combined mass of one million suns. I myself will refrain from attacking mr persons reporting skills.

No. I made it because I hope he's right.

#54 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Having a look at all those wrs says imo, they are looking second round. Somebody is bound to fall and we snagm. Using our 1st rounder on a MASSIVE human not named Sheldon.

#55 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Not the type of DT gentlemen wants IMO. He's a good pass rusher but when you watch him he LOOKS more like he's 285 than 295. Just looks too light coming off blocks particularly when he played NFL caliber OL. To me looks like a Glenn Dorsey type and I'm not a fan of DTs who are only good at pushing one guy backward. I want a space eater or a combo of both...Star is listed at 320 and looks 310-320. IMO he's a much much better prospect. There are probably 10 guys at 14 I'd rather have than Richardson and that isn't counting the 13 picks ahead of us.

#56 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

It's going to be De'Andre Hopkins. Some will call it a reach, but it will end up being a good pick.

Edit: Well, maybe not so much after the hotel thing...

#57 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Honestly I would be perfectly fine with Richardson. Dwn is by no means the long term answer. Some think Richardson's the best DT in the draft and he definitely we solidify that position for years to come. What WR can you say that about?

#58 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

After listening to the presser and if you take Gettlemen at his word, they will most certainly take a WR in the first. The reason I say this is what 2nd round WR will be there that would win a starting position ? He clearly stated he wanted starters with the first two picks coupled with the very deep talent at NT, and Dbs in the 2nd. I think it as a matter of who.The top rated are Patterson who is raw,Hunter who fits the bill but appears to be a reach,Allen who big and slow, Hopkins who craps in motel rooms ,or Tavon Auston who is elite but seems tagged as a slot receiver.. In the second we have several options at SS, NT, and OG that all make sense.

They must have fallen for one of these WRs or blowing smoke.Austin is the only one who would be a major impact this year.

#59 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,735 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Honestly I would be perfectly fine with Richardson. Dwn is by no means the long term answer. Some think Richardson's the best DT in the draft and he definitely we solidify that position for years to come. What WR can you say that about?

ummm...austin, patterson, nuke. could even say hunter, patton, woods, rodgers, and allen would solidify the WR position for years.

#60 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,366 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

ummm...austin, patterson, nuke. could even say hunter, patton, woods, rodgers, and allen would solidify the WR position for years.

I do not see Austin solidifying the WR position.

He is definitely a weapon in the slot. But his height and weight does not bode well for a #1 WR on the outside. If we take him, we still need a Smitty replacement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.