Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Somebody didn't get the memo

53 posts in this topic

Marty would talk about how he loved "action". The problem is that "action" was crippling our franchise in future years.

Gettleman doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would knowingly insult a predecessor, so I'm gonna guess he isn't aware of our prior Draft Day transactions. Honestly, no reason why he should know.

But for those of us who do know, ouch :(

It's going to he nice to have a pick in each round next year. Depending on how the year goes, G-man might do some trading down / stockpiling picks next year.

Doubt we trade down, but would be nice to not go into drafts having to account for missing picks.

still no clue how Joe Person ever got a job in journalism.... I don't think he could ever answer that question.

You know I just realized today that the last first round pick we took before Newton in 2011 was Otah.

Let that sink in.

It's going to he nice to have a pick in each round next year. Depending on how the year goes, G-man might do some trading down / stockpiling picks next year.

omfg have you not watched any of his press conferences? Every time he's asked about trading down he repeats the same thing, he won't trade a dollar for 3 dimes. The last time Person asked him about it he said people who trade down think they're gonna be clever but they get burned.

I hope people catch on after another year or two that he's not a trader because the trade scenarios posted here get bothersome.

omfg have you not watched any of his press conferences? Every time he's asked about trading down he repeats the same thing, he won't trade a dollar for 3 dimes. The last time Person asked him about it he said people who trade down think they're gonna be clever but they get burned.

I hope people catch on after another year or two that he's not a trader because the trade scenarios posted here get bothersome.

he pretty much calls Belichick a dumbass.... as most of his drafts have proven..

he pretty much calls Belichick a dumbass.... as most of his drafts have proven..

Yea, Belichick's draft this year looks like yet another stinker. I liked Dobson, but 2nd round was a reach. Some analyst, I forget who, said they liked Dobson before the pick but his chances plummeted because every WR NE drafts fails. The rest of NE's draft is just pathetic looking.

Doubt we trade down, but would be nice to not go into drafts having to account for missing picks.

Not piss on your parade, but we won't have all our picks next year.

Not piss on your parade, but we won't have all our picks next year.

Speaking of future drafts in general.

WE DON'T NEED NO TRADING PARTNER, WE GOT THE GETTLEMAN!!!

No seriously, we don't need a trade partner, ever again.

The journey has begun.

I'm not talking about just in the draft. I'm talking more about trading players.