Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CardiacCats

I think our secondary could be historically bad

93 posts in this topic

How are we going to be historically bad? We were middle of the pack last year and we improved our defense across the board. The only players we may miss are James Anderson and Jason Phillips. Gamble didn't really play last year so you can't act like he is a big loss. We brought in a veteran in Drayton Florence. A decent young guy in DJ Moore. We retained all of the guys that played for us with the exception of Sherrod Martin. We might be the same but we won't be the worst ever.

I thought DJ Cambell played well in the last 5 games. I wouldn't count him out.

1 person likes this

Eagles had an Allstar secondary at one point! We saw how that worked out

CB: James Dockery, Josh Thomas

SS: DJ Campbell

FS: Colin Jones

That was literally our lineup for the majority of the second Falcons game. We had them shutout for 40 minutes or something before going all prevent.

No need to worry that much about the secondary as long as Greg Hardy, Charles Johnson, Star Lotulelei, Dwan Edwards, Kawann Short, and Frank Alexander are on the field. Like Gettleman said.... hard for the opposing QB to throw the ball well if he's always getting knocked on his ass.

Edit: And IIRC, Hardy didn't play in the 2nd game. We still kept Brees and co in check until late in the game when we allowed 17 points in 4 minutes or something stupid because of prevent again.

I don't think any aspect of our defense will ever be historically bad with Ron Rivera as coach.

This...Rivera is going to have a front seven that will support the secondary we have available. I'm also pretty confident that the personnel we have will be better overall than what we sawlast year at times....historically bad? That's crazy talk.

I don't think the secondary is that big of a concern. Laugh now, I said the same last year about the DL and people laughed and chided.

They'll be a solid group.

2 people like this

I thought DJ Cambell played well in the last 5 games. I wouldn't count him out.

This

It wasnt bad at the end of the season. It was only terrible when Naka was starting.

With our front 7 you could put my sister out there and we would be fine

Our secondary got absused last year and we got pressure.

Rookie DTs will be just that at first...and we already generated more pressure per snap I believe than any team last year.

Our secondary is a big issue. Pass rush helps a secondary. We had a pass rush last year....secondary was so bad that didn't matter. Slightly better DT play in 2013 in pass scenarios doesn't suddenly make a liability of a secondary not one

Was ranked in the top half of the league without Gamble. We added some more talented depth...a great DL can make a bad secondary look good.

The true whiners and pessimists always come out at this time of the year.

Our secondary got absused last year and we got pressure.

Rookie DTs will be just that at first...and we already generated more pressure per snap I believe than any team last year.

Our secondary is a big issue. Pass rush helps a secondary. We had a pass rush last year....secondary was so bad that didn't matter. Slightly better DT play in 2013 in pass scenarios doesn't suddenly make a liability of a secondary not one

Our secondary fnished 12th in the league last year, and would have been higher if Naka didnt start all those games.