#31 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

So to recap this thread. Carolina has talent and can get great athletes to sign with them. But they can't win an ACC championship even when they cheat. They are still not a football school but are excellent in basketball and other sports.

FSU has the same great talent and can win the big one. They are a football school and are coming on in basketball and other sports.

And my daughter graduated from UNC with her undergraduate so I am not a hater just realistic.

Can you elaborate on the "cheating" part of your statement?

Wasn't last season the year that FSU was supposed to win the "big one"?

#32 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,431 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Since 2008, look at the draft history between UNC and FSU. Which team do you think has had more success?

One of the biggest busts in Panther history is a former FSU DE.

Also - I think EJ Manuel will not be a successful NFL QB. Just my .02

Talk to me when you're even the best talent producer in the State. Or when you win an ACC championship. Or when you have the number of guys in the NFL as the Noles. Or when you produce an NFL starting caliber QB. Or when you go to a major bowl game. Or when you can legally field a team that can hang with FSU for 4 quarters.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Kiss the rings...
Posted Image

#33 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Duke had one player drafted. Booyah

#34 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Talk to me when you're even the best talent producer in the State. Or when you win an ACC championship. Or when you have the number of guys in the NFL as the Noles. Or when you produce an NFL starting caliber QB. Or when you go to a major bowl game. Or when you can legally field a team that can hang with FSU for 4 quarters.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Kiss the rings...
Posted Image

Like I said, go back and look at the past drafts from 2008 until now and compare the UNC players selected to the FSU players.

The ACC is going to be wide open this year and Carolina is a legit contender.

Also, Congrats on beating up the powerhouse known as Northern Iowa in the Orange Bowl last year. Lucky you didn't have to play an SEC team or Ohio State.

#35 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Duke had one player drafted. Booyah

is that a school record?

How are your game cocks or fighting irish looking so far in spring ball?

#36 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,461 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

UNC hasn't had the best of luck sending successful QBs to the NFL. Neither has a lot of college programs.

One of the best quarterbacks at Carolina in recent memory couldn't make it on to a NFL PS.

UNC isn't an elite college FB program, but it is still successful enough to attract good coaches, players, and has some of the best facilities in the NCAA. It is, without question, the best college FB program in the state.

As far as the money spent you might be right. As far as results obtained, that is a real question mark.

#37 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Earlier I mentioned something on former Carolina LB Kevin Reddick being undrafted. Disgusting.

Per PFT - he's signed on with the Saints as an UDFA. Excellent signing for the Saints and not only will he make the team, there's a strong possibility he will be starting by week 1.

#38 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,461 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Can you elaborate on the "cheating" part of your statement?

Wasn't last season the year that FSU was supposed to win the "big one"?

Cheating to keep players eligible. I read where even Pepper's had grades changed and he was supposed to be one of the smart ones.

FSU is one of several ACC programs who have had significant more success in football compared to UNC. Given all the money which has been thrown at UNC by boosters and athletic supporters the results on the field have been embarrassingly poor to say the least.

#39 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

As far as the money spent you might be right. As far as results obtained, that is a real question mark.

Carolina was certainly on it's way to becoming the class of the ACC and yearly BCS competitor until the massive poo storm brought on by Butch Davis and his friends. The regime change and probation clearly set UNC back. Davis was a better recruiter than Fedora as you can see with the recent surge of UNC players to the NFL.

#40 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,461 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Earlier I mentioned something on former Carolina LB Kevin Reddick being undrafted. Disgusting.

Per PFT - he's signed on with the Saints as an UDFA. Excellent signing for the Saints and not only will he make the team, there's a strong possibility he will be starting by week 1.

Strong possibility?? Seriously you are such a homer your opinion has to be completely discounted.

#41 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,431 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

We had a bunch of cupcakes last year, like Duke, Wake Forest, and Georgia Tech.

#42 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Cheating to keep players eligible. I read where even Pepper's had grades changed and he was supposed to be one of the smart ones.

FSU is one of several ACC programs who have had significant more success in football compared to UNC. Given all the money which has been thrown at UNC by boosters and athletic supporters the results on the field have been embarrassingly poor to say the least.

I don't think anyone with sense is going to confuse UNC FB with FSU FB. Just like no one is going to confuse UNC basketball with FSU basketball. FSU is a FB school and UNC is a basketball school. Not to mention FSU is in Florida which is a huge FB state and one of the honeyholes for college FB recruiting.

#43 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Strong possibility?? Seriously you are such a homer your opinion has to be completely discounted.

Reddick is a beast. I was surprised he wasn't drafted. So I guess there is a possibility that the NFL teams know something on him that I don't. If he doesn't make the team it won't be because he doesn't bring it.

#44 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

We had a bunch of cupcakes last year, like Duke, Wake Forest, and Georgia Tech.

You forgot to add your BCS opponent to this list.

#45 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,461 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Carolina was certainly on it's way to becoming the class of the ACC and yearly BCS competitor until the massive poo storm brought on by Butch Davis and his friends. The regime change and probation clearly set UNC back. Davis was a better recruiter than Fedora as you can see with the recent surge of UNC players to the NFL.

The academic questions dated well before Butch Davis.
http://www.charlotte...urdles-for.html

When UNC changed it standards to a 2.0 in 2006, they had to cheat to keep kids academically eligible. It wasn't Butch Davis alone, it was recruiting kids who were physically gifted but lacked the academics to succeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.