Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Step in the Rebuilding Project...

39 posts in this topic

Posted

I think they have gotten away from mediocre for the past couple of years. Draft picks do not guarantee good players. If they did we would not be in the mess we are now.

We're very mediocre. I think what you want to say is we've gotten away from "terrible". Remember those ugly orange jerseys with Felton, May, Okafor, Brevin Knight, and Keith Bogans? Yea don't ever wanna go there again.

The draft never gurantee you good players, but you can't blame that on the draft. Blame it on MJ for setting us back. We choose mediocre guys over guys like Lopez, Noah, Roy, and Jrue Holiday. The good thing is we have Cho now.

Adding a guy like Millsap will only put us in the range of the 09' team with Wallace and Captain Jax. We won't be much different or possibly worse.

We need to add a player as close to a super star as we can in Wiggins, Parker or Randle with our 2013 pick. Then we can fill the rest in FA. That's how you build a championship team in a small market. We're just not going attract any stars, let's face it. Unless we want to be mediocre with guys like Millsap and Kris Humphries, just to gain 100 more people in the Arena, go ahead. I still won't go by just adding a player like Millsap.

Posted

We're very mediocre. I think what you want to say is we've gotten away from "terrible". Remember those ugly orange jerseys with Felton, May, Okafor, Brevin Knight, and Keith Bogans? Yea don't ever wanna go there again.

Adding a guy like Millsap will only put us in the range of the 09' team with Wallace and Captain Jax. We won't be much different or possibly worse.

We need to add a player as close to a super star as we can in Wiggins, Parker or Randle with our 2013 pick. Then we can fill the rest in FA. That's how you build a championship team in a small market. We're just not going attract any stars, let's face it. Unless we want to be mediocre with guys like Millsap and Kris Humphries.

I meant that we are less than mediocre, we pretty much suck.  Struggling to win 20 games in less than mediocre in my book.

Posted

I meant that we are less than mediocre, we pretty much suck. Struggling to win 20 games in less than mediocre in my book.

That I agree with

Posted

Tanking the season is not bad. It doesn't make you weak or a bad fan. Some fans wanna be that popular football star in high school who has that "machismo" attitude or the don't lose approach.

Sometimes, when you're this bad, the best thing is to lose a few years. We're not far from being a competitive team. We're two draft classes away from being a contender. Stick to the plan and let things work itself out. Don't do anything stupid that will set you back.

Posted

We won't have to intentionally tank to get a high lottery pick. Commit to building around youth, avoid signing overpriced veterans as stopgaps, and we will be a bad team without having to try. Until we get a legitimate 1st option we will never be very good- high draft picks are the best way to accomplish this. If we get someone like Noel this year we will have enough complimentary talent to be a team with big promise if we can only get a #1 like Wiggins. 

Posted

We won't have to intentionally tank to get a high lottery pick. Commit to building around youth, avoid signing overpriced veterans as stopgaps, and we will be a bad team without having to try. Until we get a legitimate 1st option we will never be very good- high draft picks are the best way to accomplish this. If we get someone like Noel this year we will have enough complimentary talent to be a team with big promise if we can only get a #1 like Wiggins.

I agree.

I didn't mean to intentionally tank, but to be bad enough to still get a top3 pick. Adding a player like Millsap with a Noel or McLemore will only increase our percentage of losing out a high pick in a very damn good draft. Possibly the best draft since Lebron year and the best since Chris Paul 05' class.

Posted

I have a feeling we dont sign any big free agents.  I dont see Cho overpaying and I think any FAs are interested in coming here unless we overpay

Posted

I have a feeling we dont sign any big free agents. I dont see Cho overpaying and I think any FAs are interested in coming here unless we overpay

I hope so but didn't Cho or MJ said something about adding a big FA this year?

Posted

Yeah I meant at the time, about the Pistons.  

Like I said, I worry about losing the team if we don't make money sooner than later.

Posted

Yeah I meant at the time, about the Pistons.

Like I said, I worry about losing the team if we don't make money sooner than later.

MJ wants money? Easy. Rebrand the Hornets. We could have Kevin Durant as a bobcat and MJ wouldn't be able to generate as much money as if we have Jeremy Lin in a Charlotte Hornets jersey.

No one care about the bobcats. No one has a relationship with it. No other free agents want to come here bc it's the Bobcats.

Posted

I hope so but didn't Cho or MJ said something about adding a big FA this year?

They said the same thing last year too

Posted

A "big, max level" FA has a different meaning in Charlotte. They're going to have to overpay for a mid level guy. No elite OR even top level FA is going to come here.

On a side note - should have never got rid of Ray Felton.