Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

possible to bring Gamble back?

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Or maybe he just didn't want to pack up and move his family. People tend to forget those things and instead say a player doesn't want it anymore. He was only going to play 3 more years anyway why move your family?

that still falls into the category of not wanting it anymore and his head just not being in it. if it was important for him to play he would have found away and there's enough teams nearby that he could just commute. 

it wasn't a priority in his life and that's fine. he's just been a guy who dances to the beat of a different drummer. it's very realistic to think that the fun went out of it for him a couple years ago and he's just been going thru the motions ever since. he just hasn't been playing up to his potential for a while.

Posted

if his head was back in the game, sure. but the way he's been playing the last couple years he just hasn't been all that much of a factor and the way he was playing last year i feel safe in saying he wouldn't really be an upgrade over the guys we'll probably be starting.

without his head in the game, he's really just a guy.

I think some are in love with the fantasy of this but it is just not reality.

When Gamble has been out of the lineup there has been no noticible dropoff in secondary performance in recent years. He has outside intrerests and apparently has been smart with his money.

If one cares about football you have to get pulled away kicking and screaming. He kinda seemed relieved to give it a rest.

Posted

Head wasnt in the game the last few years..do not want.

Two years ago he head a great season.  The ball was rarely even thrown his way.  It's amazing how short some people's memory is.

Posted

Two years ago he head a great season. The ball was rarely even thrown his way. It's amazing how short some people's memory is.

And how short the other cb was on the other side of the field.

That was mostly an outlier season for him.. In 9 seasons. Josh Norman's off cvg that frustrated most everyone here is a Gamble's signature. For me his best season was when Chris Harris was hitting everyone a gamble recovering a lot of fumbles.

Im not dissing Gamble.. It just seems like eveyone uses one season a pretends it was the avg season for him.. When the opposite is true. Hardly a lot of run after catch but that was a part of Fox's cover2 scheme.

Posted

Stop living in the past please. As others have said, his immediate retirement tells you all you need to know.

Posted

He ain't coming back, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. Don't wanna have to depend on Florence

Posted

Show me one piece of evidence that says he didn't have his heart in the game anymore

Posted

Head wasnt in the game the last few years..do not want.

Yeah it seems that way. I wasn't a fan of letting him go (even though I understand why we had to) but after he announced his retirement, I feel much better about it. We need focused, hungry guys this year. 

Posted

I wish

Posted

Yeah it seems that way. I wasn't a fan of letting him go (even though I understand why we had to) but after he announced his retirement, I feel much better about it. We need focused, hungry guys this year. 

And that is exactly who we have with our core young players. The question is experience and talent. But they are all hungry to prove themselves.

Posted

Show me one piece of evidence that says he didn't have his heart in the game anymore

He did not entertain any other teams upon us releasing him, not one. At least that I heard. If his heart was still in the game and he really wanted to play football don't you think he would at least hear one or two teams out?

Posted

He played 4 games last year and looked pretty bad in them.  Then he was cut, and retired.  Why would he want to come back, or why would the Panthers want him back?  Sounds like a bad match.