• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

For me, with Woodson the question is this: Are you gonna shy away from contact at any point in the season?

Cant have that.

He's older and his body may not hold up the way it did. Pain starts effecting how you play more and more. He'll be squaring up with these youngens, the Martin's and Ingram's, oh yeah and now Steven Jackson is in our division. If a running back gets loose and he's in the open field is he gonna go after him or is he gonna be like "Oleeeeeeeee".

The NFC South is a very very nasty place to play. If you come here you better be ready to throw down, not "go gently into that good night" and poo. Is a dude Woodson's age ready for that? Idk.

#62 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Two words. Butt. Fumble. Good day sir.

Selective criticism at its finest.

That butt fumble guy has provided a much larger sample size. So there are a poo ton of plays to define that career.

That said, well played indeed.

#63 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

For me, with Woodson the question is this: Are you gonna shy away from contact at any point in the season?

Cant have that.

He's older and his body may not hold up the way it did. Pain starts effecting how you play more and more. He'll be squaring up with these youngens, the Martin's and Ingram's, oh yeah and now Steven Jackson is in our division. If a running back gets loose and he's in the open field is he gonna go after him or is he gonna be like "Oleeeeeeeee".

The NFC South is a very very nasty place to play. If you come here you better be ready to throw down, not "go gently into that good night" and poo. Is a dude Woodson's age ready for that? Idk.

As much as I dislike Woodson, even I can't see him doing an "Ole". He ain't the most physical guy. But he is an okay tackler.

I do however agree with your assessment of the NFCS. If things go to plan, all 4 teams think they have a shot at the Playoffs. Not many divisions can say that about all 4 teams.

#64 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

I think I could have won us the ATL game.  Seriously... to this day whenever I see that replay I have no idea what in the fug Nakamura was trying to do.  It's like he just kinda'... fell backwards like he was going all John Woo/Matrix bullet time or some poo.

falcons.gif

Jesus, that's like the worst attempt at an interception I've ever seen, and he was in such an awesome position to make a play on the ball too.  Hell if anything just throw a goddamn hand up and swat that bastard away.

seeing that over and over.... nak actually looks like he PREVENTS Norman from making the play.... 

#65 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,892 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

seeing that over and over.... nak actually looks like he PREVENTS Norman from making the play.... 

winner.

#66 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

images-slides-01_TakeoSpikes.jpg

#67 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG