Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

OTAs Start Tomorrow for the Carolina Panthers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#31 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

I could see that. The only issue I see in that, is that outside of Cap, Flo is the only vet with extensive starting experience.

True but both josh and josh, and doc have played a lot of minutes last year.best way to learn is on the field, lets play and see what they got.

#32 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

I think we should only keep 5 WRs:
Smitty, LaFell, Hixon, Ginn, Joe Adams

Problem is we will have 4 RBs in Stew, Dwill, Tolbert, and Barner so its a wash.

IDK about only keeping 5, just because WR is such a question mark. Ginn isn't or hasn't shown much outside of returns. Hixon has a history of injuries. I'd honestly be shocked if we kept only 5.

#33 Mage

Mage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Unless Adams improves as a wideout to trump the others, there doesn't seem like much of a reason to keep him around.  He's not going to return over Ginn and I don't think it is worth wasting a roster spot on a backup returner.  I think he could very well end up getting cut; it certainly wouldn't surprise me.  Not predicting it but it is more of a possibility than people seem to believe.

#34 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

I think it is likely Adams gets cut. I'm not sure what he offers at this point.

#35 Byrdman4real

Byrdman4real

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

Smith, Lafell, Hixon, Gin, Gettis, Adams or Pilares or Lamont. P.S.: Taulib Ikharo, Brenton Bersin

#36 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

I'd keep Adams over Ginn personally. He has a higher ceiling at this point and their return averages are about the same. I think Adams can be pretty good if he will just take care of the ball.

Unless Adams improves as a wideout to trump the others, there doesn't seem like much of a reason to keep him around.  He's not going to return over Ginn and I don't think it is worth wasting a roster spot on a backup returner.  I think he could very well end up getting cut; it certainly wouldn't surprise me.  Not predicting it but it is more of a possibility than people seem to believe.

#37 Byrdman4real

Byrdman4real

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

IDK about only keeping 5, just because WR is such a question mark. Ginn isn't or hasn't shown much outside of returns. Hixon has a history of injuries. I'd honestly be shocked if we kept only 5.

Yeah probably keep 6 or cut sorry Clauson and keep 7. 

#38 Mage

Mage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

I'd keep Adams over Ginn personally. He has a higher ceiling at this point and their return averages are about the same. I think Adams can be pretty good if he will just take care of the ball.

Oh yeah, I agree.  Adams has a good amount of potential when the ball is in his hands.  But I think it is unlikely he trumps Ginn as returner and if he is unable to do that, he is going to need to improve at wide receiver or else he may be out of luck as far as a roster spot goes.