Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I the only one that wants us to be a conservative ground and pound offense?

90 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cam = Game manager who can run. Or tall Russell Wilson.

Posted · Report post

Not as overrrated as Cam

Yes, the guy that rushed for more yards than either of the billion dollar backfield is overrated

Next caller

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

the run is still the most difficult to defend.

the league isn't purely about passing. anybody that says that, isn't paying attention.

ya have to be able to pass and run, oor your offense becomes easier to defend....even the elite passing attacks.

superbowls are won with balance.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Conservative? No Run the ball more? Yes

I want our offense to go for the jugular every drive. I want us put up 40 points every game. No candyass John Fox BS.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

the more balanced the offense is, the.more difficult it is to defend, and more explosive it will be.

Posted · Report post

Not conservative, but conventional. It'll help out everyone if we had less read option, especially the o-line
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

you wanna know what is god damn annoying about our fans

Last year of John Fox, "If we do ground and pound anymore I am going to shoot myself. Seriously its a PASSING league. The Saints are winning because they are with the current time."

This past year in a completely new system, in which we have a vertical offense and the read option,"Holy poo, am I the only one around here that wants a traditional offense of pound it on the ground?"

sometimes you people are intolerable holy fug

btw saying "Am I the only one"  is one of the worst cliches on the internet 

Posted · Report post

For me, it's about adjustment.  The ability to win games with a one sided offensive strategy and a "game plan" is becoming increasingly more rare.

The way I see things, you have to play every opponent differently.  Every week is a new week.  Every game a new game.

I think there will be times where it's necessary to rely on our insane backfield.  There will be times that we'll need to exploit weak secondaries and take the big plays given to us.

And there's a lot to be said for balance.

But if something isn't working by halftime, you have to make adjustments.  And that kind of flexibility and mid-game retooling is key.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I am in favor of an offense that controls the clock and scores lots of points. How they get there doesn't matter to me.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Why do people act like we need to "fix" our offense?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

someone tell me what games were conservative ground and pound games in the playoffs last year.

how many games were won with less  than 24 or less points? 

how many games were won with 28 or more points? with 30 or more?

how many games were won with less than 25 passing attempts? with 30 or more?

the ravens didn't exactly have a conservative game plan or performance in the playoffs. flacco was airing it out quite often and i feel confident in saying they wouldn't have even made it to the superbowl were it not for them throwing the ball a lot. they found their passing game and that was what took them to the top.

the 49ers had one what you would call conservative ground and pound game and that was against ATL where they threw much less than they ran and kaepernick only ran it himself a handful of times...well, that they won anyway. they had that same gameplan and lost to the team that passed the ball a lot & ran the ball a lot & scored a lot.

you want this team to win? don't play conservative ground and pound football. you light up that scoreboard early and often. you win by scoring more points than the other team can keep up with.

Posted · Report post

Why do people act like we need to "fix" our offense?

Because it was very inconsistent and actually became predictable.

Ground and pound....no

Balanced, using a power game, play action, and layer in some read option....hell yes.