Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MCC under fire for racial statements

35 posts in this topic

Posted

My fiancée (we are both white) speaks of the "white male" mentality of her boss on occasion (she works in a large corporate sales environment). I completely understand what she means, and it has nothing to do with her being racist,

What if it were a white woman saying anyone but a black man should be elected? No biggie?

1 person likes this

Posted

My fiancée (we are both white) speaks of the "white male" mentality of her boss on occasion (she works in a large corporate sales environment). I completely understand what she means, and it has nothing to do with her being racist, obviously.

More of a classic white All-American male sense of entitlement kind of thing. Don't have time right now to go further into it, but I feel like this is where the MCC lady was coming from.

Yes, in some ways It's like saying "We don't need another Steeler's fan in the office."

The "It's a two way street" crowd won't get that.

Posted

Yes, in some ways It's like saying "We don't need another Steeler's fan in the office."

The "It's a two way street" crowd won't get that.

Waht I hear alot in my office is we dont need another mainlander.  It can be taken two different ways if you have been here awhile. Depending on your views it could mean "white" but the flip side is alot of mainlanders come here and dont last 6 months due to being so far from the mainland.  

Posted

Who has more influence on our lives. Paula Deen or a county commissioner.

9165058.jpg

Posted

I love these reverse racism threads. White people getting all in a tizzy. "Told ya so!!!"

Posted

I love these reverse racism threads. White people getting all in a tizzy. "Told ya so!!!"

No such thing as reverse racism. :lol: 

Not in a tizzy.  I could care less about racism.  Just see it as a crutch people like to use.

Posted

It's ok, you don't have to answer. I know you are uncomfortable.

Posted

SZ and GS to demand her resignation in 3...2...

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd love to read or hear her comments in context, which the article conveniently didn't provide.

Racist intentions or not, it's still an incredibly stupid thing to say publicly.

Posted

It's ok, you don't have to answer. I know you are uncomfortable.

Not at all. It's just another one of your distracting questions trying to get away from the heart of the issue (Look at this fetus that is illegal to abort under current law! How could you!).

Paula has a lot more direct influence as she's nation wide, but as a symbol. Letting her go scott free shows the racists out there that people aren't keeping watch like they did before, open racism is back, baby!

The good thing about racists now a days is at least they have to PRETEND to not be. Dog whistle racism is bad, but it's light years beyond where we were just a generation previous.

And I've already said this is racism. On the same level is the Blazing Saddles "Camptown Races Scene" level of wanting black guys to dress in tuxes like the good ol days? Not hardly.

However, It was a ill-advised comment that I'm sure all the Privilege Denying Dudes in here will jump all over.

Posted

So Paula Deen has more of a direct effect on my life than a county commissioner in the county I live? I a focusing a single point, not distracting you.

Posted

Btw, I don't think she needs to be fired. Hopefully she learned a valuable lesson and can put her racism aside.