Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J.R. Smith

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Would you want him? Could end up being a bad contract, but if we can find a way to dump BG, I would absolutely love to sign him for $5-7M per. He can be the scorer that we've been searching for and I'd love to see what he could do as the undisputed go-to guy for the first time in his career.

What do you all think? Only thing that concerns me is his off-court stuff, but I'd love to sign him for a deal in that range and see what he can do for us.

Posted

I'm probably one of the few that would agree with you.

I love J.R. Smith.

2 people like this

Posted

I liked JR too but he seem to not be a team player and is still very me centered.

Posted

To be honest, I don't really care what he is like as long as he brings his 18 points per game night in and night out.

Posted

I would not give a big contract to a player like JR Smith, it's how you get yourself in trouble.

3 people like this

Posted

To be honest, I don't really care what he is like as long as he brings his 18 points per game night in and night out.

I care if he is taking 20 + shots to do it and some of them are really dumb shots not in the floe of the offense.

1 person likes this

Posted

I care if he is taking 20 + shots to do it and some of them are really dumb shots not in the floe of the offense.

To be fair, he only did that in New York because their ball movement was terrible. Carmelo is the most selfish player I've ever seen. If J.R. didn't force shots he probably would have had only four or five good shooting opportunities per game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Somebody is going to be wiling to overpay for him.  I see him wanting more than 5-7 mil a year.

Posted

$6 mil for three years isn't bad for the best shooting guard in this free agency class.

I know a lot of people don't want to overpay, but if we don't resign Henderson or fail to sign J.R. Smith then we have regressed at the shooting guard position.

We will have to overpay in order to make sure our shooting guard position is taken care of.

Also with potentially $21-$23 million in cap space, we can afford to pay Smith up to $8 million per year and still be in great shape.

Posted

Talent, yes. Attitude, no. I like the man, but he can be a headcase. I'd wait and see after the draft. If somehow we're lucky enough to land "Ben McLemore", then no. If not, I might like to have him.

Posted

He is probably like Jeremy Shockey.  I was not a fan of his (to say the least) until he played for the Panthers and then I fugging loved him.  JR Smith would probably be the same way.

Posted

I decided to look at all the shooting guard free agents and put them in categories...

Upper Tier

J.R. Smith

Gerald Henderson (RFA)

O.J. Mayo

Semi-Upper Tier

J.J. Redick

Kevin Martin

Andre Iguodala

Middle Tier

Manu Ginobli

Ray Allen

Alan Anderson

Nick Young

Mike Dunleavy

Marco Belinelli

Tony Allen

Lower Tier

Wayne Ellington (RFA)

Damien Wilkins

Francisco Garcia

Daniel Gibson

Roger Mason Jr.

Leandro Barbosa

Anthony Morrow

Garrett Temple (RFA)

Xavier Henry

Daequan Cook

Tracy McGrady

Elliot Williams

Do you take one of these guys or draft McLemore, Oladipo, or McCollum?