Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornets A Possible Suitor For Mayo

54 posts in this topic

Posted

I think Humphries would start at the 5 over Bismack if he was here.

Then you wouldn't have a post presence at all...

Posted

I'd take Hendo over Mayo, because Henderson is the better all around player at this point. He is one of the better defensive guards in the NBA, has improved every year, and his stats are on par with Mayo. Plus Henderson should come at a much cheaper price tag, and he wants to be here. 

I'd love to do the Humphries for Gordon deal. He'd be a terrific backup 4/5 for us. I definitely wouldn't start him over Zeller or Biz. Reason being, Zeller needs all the PT he can get, and Humphries is likely a 1 year rental. Same goes for Biz, but another thing is that Humphries doesn't protect the rim (neither does Zeller), but Biz is a good rim protector. In the NBA, good wing play, good defense, and good rim protection wins you championships.

Posted

I think Humphries would start at the 5 over Bismack if he was here.

they would play Biz more because he needs to develop. They are giving bizmack at least 4 years to develop as long as he shows improvement year after year. Then you also got the fact that Biz is really the only shotblocker on the team and Humphries doesn't bring that to the table at all. Biz would start. 

Posted

If Chicago can afford him they are likely to pursue him (and possibly Hendo as well).......they have been lacking a decent 2 guard for years. With the emergence of Butler and a Deng trade looming, SG will once again be a void for them

Posted

Mayo would be an upgrade over Hendo.

Exactly and Mayo will command more money than Hendo also. Which likely means we will stick with Hendo.

Posted

He is NOT an upgrade over Hendo.  I don't understand why people would think so.  Hendo's only knock is health.  Second half of the season when he was healthy he scored 19ppg, 4rbg, 3.4assists, and a steal.  Mayo shot like 18ppg pre-all star and only 10ppg post all-star.  Hendo obviously is a much better defender.  So why would you take Mayo over Hendo?  Unless he's vastly cheaper I don't see the reason.  Mayo DID play every single game last season so that is something to be said, but I think Hendo is overall, better. 

1 person likes this

Posted

He is NOT an upgrade over Hendo.  I don't understand why people would think so.  Hendo's only knock is health.  Second half of the season when he was healthy he scored 19ppg, 4rbg, 3.4assists, and a steal.  Mayo shot like 18ppg pre-all star and only 10ppg post all-star.  Hendo obviously is a much better defender.  So why would you take Mayo over Hendo?  Unless he's vastly cheaper I don't see the reason.  Mayo DID play every single game last season so that is something to be said, but I think Hendo is overall, better. 

Cant look just at stats. Mavs have a lot more scoring options than we do. Hendo was many times our 1 or 2 option. Also based on the team we are developing the idea is to have somebody who can stretch the floor and hit the 3. Mayo does that. 

Posted

GTFO!

SMDH!

Talk about homerism.

Posted

Hardly homerism, but what IS true is that Bobcats/Hornets fans underrate Henderson.  If he wasn't as good as I'm saying, do you think other teams would be wanting him?  We'd sign him to a 4-5 mill a year contract easily!  The rest of the league realizes that Hendo is a good SG, why can't you?  

FYI, Mayo WAS the #1 scoring option in Dallas for a good chunk of the season, when Dirk came back though, he slid down to maybe 2nd scoring option, but no less of a "option" than Henderson was.  I also don't understand how it's not a compliment that if the other team knows someone is a #1 scoring option, and yet they STILL score like Hendo does. 

Stop wanting a new player just to have a new player, it's silly.  I'd rather focus on actual upgrades to the team, like a big.   You guys like 9 years old and want a new toy when your old toy is just as good and maybe even better?

1 person likes this

Posted

Pekovic as option A, JJ Hickson as option B. Pick up a bench player that's a 3pt shooter. Kick Thomas out and call it a day. 

Posted

Pretty much every basketball metric has Gerald Henderson rated much higher than O.J. Mayo. It's not homerism. It's facts.

Posted

From a pure basketball standpoint we need somebody to stretch the floor. Everything Cho has been doing is to create a balanced team. If Hendo can be that SG I am all for it. He showed that he can start hitting the 3 but once again I am looking for consistency from him. 

Mayo is like the shiny new toy. I am not going to lie about that. I would love to have somebody who can create his own shot and hit the 3.