Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

Its not racist when it's a fact?

246 posts in this topic

I have just one question to ask....and I ask for a reason....what is the "time required" to get past the whole slavery thing...how many generations needed?

the reason I ask...my parents....not my great great grand parents...no no...my mother and my father, grew up in a German occupied Holland.  Does this mean that they, and I, and my children and how many more generations down the road should hate all Germans?

I really need to know because well...my wife is born and raised in Germany and none of us really hold it against her because she was too young to be involved!

Well, if the descendents of the slave owners continue to pursue the oppression of the descendents of the slaves then there is NO time required. Had slavery ended with everything else associated with it, like racism, then social healing would be in its advance stage at this moment. Racism just added insult to injury. Racism is like a rapist bragging about their crime and the victim can do nothing about it. The physical pain of slavery is much easier to forget. But those physical pain having converted into psychological pain by means of racism is rather infectious and ever lasting. Ever wonder why mothers who have been victim of rape don't tell their kids about it. It's a way of preventing their physical pain from converting into an infectious psychological one. So, blacks will always abhor whites. And whites will always attempt the reverse psychology of racism, as though they're angrier than the victims.

I remember reading a story about the Rwanda genocide in which Hutus were so remorseful and apologetic about the killings that some change their religion from Christianity to Islam. Their reasoning was, their God(christianity) let them down for allowing them to steep so low. That's humanity at its finest.

But whites attitude after slavery and countless genocides in Africa was that it's their entitlement to kill and enslave those people. They are unapologetic and show no remorse. Heck, they're even proud of it and they show it with their insults. That's humanity at it's lowest.  Since blacks can't kill them back(and wouldn't if they could) they'll sure hold them dearly in their heart even a million years to come.

lots of absolutes there with blacks always abhoring whites and whites with reverse psychology of racism.

that statement is a perfect bow tie to the op's title thread.

every advance group in human history has had or dealt slaves. every group in human history has good and bad people. every group thinks it's the other groups fault for things going bad. every group takes the credit for when things goes well.

its called humans. that flawed and funky beast that despite being able to reason and talk as it's main difference to animals, seems to also be doomed by that very same ability.

i don't lump groups of people together based on what other individuals do or say. thats knuckle dragging stupidity at the highest level.

I've asked that and was told 50-100 years minimum from today. And that's not from the end of slavery. That's based on the ancestors of slaves, mind you.

Meanwhile, Jews came back from the brink of literal extinction in one generation, but the comparison isn't valid somehow.

Interracial crimes is harder to forget than intra-racial crimes.

there we go....one more hand out is all that it will take.

Was there a previous hand out I'm not aware of. Nobody sent me the memo.

12 years of slavery/genocide vs 200 years of slavery/genocide.

Clearly the Jews had it worse.

bump that number up to 400. Let's keep thing accurate here!

There would be no reparation amount/duration or country given that would ever satisfy anyone. 

Well you get to cherry pick for your utterly nonsensical point.

European Jews were completely decimated and never recovered. They went from being over 2% of the population to .18% just 100 years later. Yet that's what you use as an example about how FAMILY VALUES overcome all.

European Jews never recovered from the Holocaust. Systematic racism and genocide will do that, you see.

You seem to be having a really difficult time with this.

The argument is that the black community in this country struggles compared to other minority groups because of lasting effects from slavery and systematic racism in the law enforcement and judicial system.

The Jewish community in this country, fresh off the brink of near extinction, seem to be doing pretty damned well by comparison. The question, since you seem to be happy to avoid it, is why can one group prosper in this country while another can't, considering the respective histories of both are quite brutal. Also, if this country is so painfully racist, why would the group who killed their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ go unchecked?

What all this has to do with the Jewish populartion in Poland I don't know.

You seem to be having a really difficult time with this.

The argument is that the black community in this country struggles compared to other minority groups because of lasting effects from slavery and systematic racism in the law enforcement and judicial system.

The Jewish community in this country, fresh off the brink of near extinction, seem to be doing pretty damned well by comparison. The question, since you seem to be happy to avoid it, is why can one group prosper in this country while another can't, considering the respective histories of both are quite brutal. Also, if this country is so painfully racist, why would the group who killed their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ go unchecked?

What all this has to do with the Jewish populartion in Poland I don't know.

How were American Jews persecuted during WWII?

Ohhhhhh. I see. You're showing how American Jews recovered from events that never happened to them while completely ignoring the European Jews who were actually murdered.

Why is Poland important? Cause that's where most of the camps were, you dolt.

But I guess since they're all of the same race it doesn't matter what continent they're on.

Well, since you brought it up, I'm sure it would help move things along if we gave $11 trillion dollars to the decedents of slavery like we gave to the Netherlands after the war.

Better yet, how about their own commonwealth like Puerto Rico. Preferably some hot climate states like Georgia, Florida, and Louisiana for a start. Self-determination can go a long way.

There would be no reparation amount/duration or country given that would ever satisfy anyone.

Trust me, the Dutch and the Jews don't feel they got enough, but we can't brag about how quickly the Dutch got back in their feet compared with American descendants of slaves while ignoring the fact the Dutch got close to 12 TRILLION dollars in aid and reparations while slave decendants got zilch. That kind of money does make a difference, you know.

Reparations are for while people, we know.

Imagine that...given an opportunity to leave an area where 1) you were being slaughtered and now 2) being taken over by communists who had particular dislikes with religion and had no problem with rounding up segments of the population and either starving them to death...or outright kill them.  Yeah.  Great point there Delhommey. 

Imagine that...given an opportunity to leave an area where 1) you were being slaughtered and now 2) being taken over by communists who had particular dislikes with religion and had no problem with rounding up segments of the population and either starving them to death...or outright kill them. Yeah. Great point there Delhommey.

Ok, you think Flemish people live in Holland, so I know I'll have to spell this out: The point is European Jews were persecuted IN EUROPE. They were mostly killed and what few survivors there were mainly went elsewhere. They never recovered.

To talk about what happened to American Jews post war in relation to what happened to European Jews is so racist that it belongs to the huddle.

Are we going to talk about how Africa's economy is growing overall despite year of Jim Crow laws in the Deep South? Ridiculous.