Photo
- - - - -

The 46 Defense.....

Best Answer CashNewton22, 09 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Appreciate the conversation without flaming, lots of respected posters weighing in...

I'd like to reply to most of yous but I'm on my phone so I'm not....

@Frash & FootballCzar -I was going to post that in reply in the AM, thanks Emory...
@PhillyB -cant tell if serious/Futurama pic
@Cyberjag -it has been, will post link tomorrow...
@CashNewtn22 -like I said, I believe we will see 46 looks, it will not be our base D... "We're all out of bubblegum" if you will...

I got you man....hopefully we won't have to see to much of it but I'm positive it can be a great "change of pace" defense if you will from time to time. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46 MrPickles

MrPickles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Correct. You can also run a 3-3-5 and put one of your backers on the line to rush much like Harrison did for Pittsburgh and you have a 3-3-5 that functions just like a 4-2-5. There are various options but what is constant is the 5 defensive backs which is the crucial part when defending the spread. Whether you play a 4-2 or a 3-3 isn't as important as having enough secondary defenders to cover all of the spread elements.

Yes I agree. I just edited my post above and noted TCUs use of 3 "safeties" where one is pretty much a lb. Bottomline is having length and speed all over the field.

#47 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,683 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Back in the day when defensive players could hit QBs late and not get fined my annual salary...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.