Photo
- - - - -

Why the panic about our O line?.. Have you all forgot that...

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

We have one of the best front 7s in the league? Is it just possible that our D line is just that beastly it makes our O line look awful? Lets not forget that the Bears o line was utter trash and have been for awhile but yet they still win. Also keep in mind the Packers O line wasnt anything special either and they keep winning also.

I first want to see a game aganst a mediocre to average D before I say our O line is horrible. Now if the O line still struggles aganst a bad D, then yes, the panic is warranted. I just think our O line situation is being blown out of proportion. And besides, our O line has looked solid at camp in the run game, its the pass protection thats been lacking. But again, that goes back to two things. CJ and Greg Hardy

#2 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

We have one of the best front 7s in the league? Is it just possible that our D line is just that beastly it makes our O line look awful? Lets not forget that the Bears o line was utter trash and have been for awhile but yet they still win. Also keep in mind the Packers O line wasnt anything special either and they keep winning also.

I first want to see a game aganst a mediocre to average D before I say our O line is horrible. Now if the O line still struggles aganst a bad then yes, the panic is warranted. I just think our O line situation is being blown out of proportion.

Cam is no Rodgers neither does he have as much experience as Cutler. Also, how well does Cam fare under pressure. I think it will be bad for his development too always not having time to plant, throw and complete his motion. It will give him happy feet.

#3 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Hopefully our Dline is monster, but regardless the Oline is going to go against some really good Dlines besides ours, starting in Week 1.

It still is a big concern given the reports so far

#4 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

The only guys of our front seven that are proven are Hardy, CJ, and Luke. If Star and KK come as advertised, you make a valid point, but as of right now we have no clue as to if they'll be good or not.

#5 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,556 posts

It's the same guys as last season! We already know they suck ass.

#6 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,906 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

jay-cutler-sack.jpg

#7 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Cam is no Rodgers neither does he have as much experience as Cutler. Also, how well does Cam fare under pressure. I think it will be bad for his development too always not having time to plant, throw and complete his motion. It will give him happy feet.

True, but lets also not forget, with the same O line we are pretty much a 10 win team last year (Falcons game, Seahawks and Bears game, hell ill even throw in that Bucs game for a 11 win team) with the same exact O line and that was even with Kalil going down with injury

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,150 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

usually in these situations it's always a head game trying to figure out whether the success of a unit in training camp is a good thing or a bad thing.

in this case we're expecting our defensive front to flatten all the opposition this season so the fact that cam is still out there chucking touchdowns is a good sign. it also means our pro bowl LT and C, our promising LG, and our rotation of right-side linemen are getting to practice against the best pass rushers and run stuffers the league has to offer on a daily basis. i personally think it's a good thing.

#9 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

True, but lets also not forget, with the same O line we are pretty much a 10 win team last year (Falcons game, Seahawks and Bears game, hell ill even throw in that Bucs game for a 11 win team) with the same exact O line and that was even with Kalil going down with injury

I like this post better than the original. As I posted in another thread, our offense is ok. I know we say weapons etc etc but I think with our production so far, if we can get the defense to step up, we'll be fine.

#10 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

AND lets not forget. This is not the same "hey Cam, stand in the pocket for 1 hour until a guy gets open 70 yds down the field" type Chud offense. This is going to be a run heavy, screen passes to the RBs and 7-10 yd quick passes to Smitty in the slot Shula type offense.

#11 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Bears week one of the preseason, well see how the starters perform against a good bears front

#12 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Didn't Geoff hangartner get hurt today?

#13 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Bears week one of the preseason, well see how the starters perform against a good bears front

Don't most teams usually sit out their starters in preseason?

#14 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Didn't Geoff hangartner get hurt today?

Nothing serious, he sat out like two plays then returned to practice.

#15 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,561 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Turn to ESPNU right now and watch Kugbila. They are replaying DII title game. He is not that impressive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com