144 replies to this topic

#31 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

remember when everyone knew george zimmerman's race the day that he killed that kid?

oh wait we didn't know because the police swept it under the rug

#32 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Almost as bad as "white hispanic" while doctoring 911 tapes and pixelating police camera videos.

By the way...the two issues have nothing to do with one another, but bias through omission is still bias.

Did Fox News doctor the police reports that said white male?

fireshot-screen-capture-451-www_foxnews_

e: sorta beaten

#33 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

I'm not seeing them on American sites.

The interwebs are wide .... world wide.

#34 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,240 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

The point of my post has nothing to do with racism. There is nothing to suggest that the black kids were acting out of bigotry. Maybe they were who knows. Seem like typical gun toting rednecks to me.

My point is there is some impetus for media sites to treat this case differently because black kids are the shooters. Similarly if a 12 year old pretty blonde goes missing from an upper class neighborhood it is national news while if Shanice goes missing from East LA we don't hear about it. I t goes both ways.

So what is the impetus for MSNBC to hide the picture of the accused in this case?

1) Simple liability issues as someone else stated. Can't release names?

2) Liberal media agenda.

3) A bigger political machine 

What do you think?

FYI 2 of the kids (15,16) are charged as adults and a third (17) is charged as a child.

Still no picture or mention of race

http://usnews.nbcnew...n-oklahoma?lite

#35 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,534 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

The interwebs are wide .... world wide.

Yeah and American laws aren't, so I think you're missing my point because you sure arent' speaking to it. 

womenz!!! er

#36 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

idk I can turn on my local news channel and hear about the latest black criminals with their images being blasted at viewers constantly on any given day

#37 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

Yeah and American laws aren't, so I think you're missing my point because you sure arent' speaking to it. 

womenz!!! er

Yes, I just realized your point. At first, I thought it was about your having not seen them ... and my point was that you can easily see them.

#38 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

idk I can turn on my local news channel and hear about the latest black criminals with their images being blasted at viewers constantly on any given day

this pretty much

#39 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,968 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

vg7lmg.jpg

#40 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

The point is, darth, the news has no problem showing images of black criminals(my post said nothing about white people)

What's the more reasonable conclusion here: media conspiracy or protecting the identity of minors

#41 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

3 pages of white ppl crying about nothing is enough i think. here's a real story that's actually relevant to the murder:

Yesterday, former deputy prime minister Tim Fischer has urged Australian tourists to boycott the US in the wake of the shooting murder of the Melbourne baseball star.

Mr Fischer said he was deeply angered by the latest tragedy and said turning our backs on America would help send a stern message about the need for tighter gun control.

Mr Fischer, who led Australia's gun control reforms alongside former prime minister John Howard in 1996, said choosing not to travel to the US would help build pressure on the US Congress to finally act.

"Tourists thinking of going to the USA should think twice,'' Mr Fischer said.

"This is the bitter harvest and legacy of the policies of the NRA that even blocked background checks for people buying guns at gunshows.

"People should take this into account before going to the United States.

"I am deeply angry about this because of the callous attitude of the three teenagers (but) it's a sign of the proliferation of guns on the ground in the USA.

"There is a gun for almost every American.''

#42 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

how long did it take the parents of the deceased to find out their son was dead?

how long did it take the police to actually arrest the perps?

at what point will we stop acting like the reason the trayvon martin case blew up was due to the media making a big deal out of nothing and realize how fuging long it took for anyone at all in that PD to care about the case?  come on.

#43 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,968 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

The point is, darth, the news has no problem showing images of black criminals(my post said nothing about white people)

What's the more reasonable conclusion here: media conspiracy or protecting the identity of minors

Well I think we're talking about two different things here... you specifically mentioned "local news" and "blasting" pictures of black criminals.  Hence the picture of the local news website.

I can't recall one case of the LOCAL news slanting a case in a racial way... if I'm wrong, please correct me, I just haven't seen that.  Please note that I'm referring specifically to the Wilmington news since you and I both reside here.   From what I've seen, they just report what happens, black, white, whatever.

Nationally, it happens... not so much because of any racial bias, but I think it's born out of the media attempting to boost ratings.  Also note that I'm not saying that the local news has never slanted their coverage,,,

As for gun control...  that's a whole other story and a valid one... but I'm curious as to where these three acquired the gun(s) involved and how useful "gun control" would have been in regards to this.

#44 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,968 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

how long did it take the parents of the deceased to find out their son was dead?

how long did it take the police to actually arrest the perps?

at what point will we stop acting like the reason the trayvon martin case blew up was due to the media making a big deal out of nothing and realize how fuging long it took for anyone at all in that PD to care about the case?  come on.

Good point.

The entire "racial" context of the Zimmerman case wasn't GZ killing TM.  It was the police non-response to the killing.

fwiw, I don't think that this case and the GZ case are comparable at all.

#45 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

well lately I've been so bombarded by how prevalent black-on-white crime is I've just started to assume every bad thing done by anyone is black. that way, when the media tells me it's a white dude, I know not to blame the inferiority of African Americans due to their lack of neanderthal-based autism-inducing genes.  or something.

uhh.

on the other hand it may also have to do with the ages of the accused.

could be liberal media bias.  kind of doubt it, though.  I think it's more likely the age is playing a role

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com