Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Thomas Davis even wear a knee brace now?

17 posts in this topic

Posted

At Fan Fest to my surprise he was not wearing a knee brace, I could tell very clearly as he was just wearing shorts but the game Thursday night I also did not see a knee brace...

If indeed he is knee brace free wouldn't that be fairly risky?

Posted

His knee was probably rebuilt so many times it's probably made of adamantium by now.

3 people like this

Posted

Wearing a brace in the past has helped him how exactly?

Posted

Wearing a brace in the past has helped him how exactly?

Good point and one of the reasons he may not wear one. "Blew my knee twice with a brace fug it Im goin solo" TD

Posted

Maybe, Sometimes? IDF'inK.

Posted

It's on Klein's arm.

8 people like this

Posted

I've had ACL reconstruction and done a lot of reading on this subject.  The vast majority of doctors recommend AGAINST wearing braces post surgery.  Basically, they don't let your knee reach it's full strength potential on it's own along with the fact that the amount of force and type of force required to tear the ACL cannot be stopped by a brace.  Not to mention they are uncomfortable, require readjustment, and are expensive(not that TD has to worry about that).

3 people like this

Posted

Its a feel thing too. Playing with it on is a constant reminder. If he doesnt need it he shouldnt use it. The only athletes that do that are the ones playing scared.

Posted

He doesn't need it anymore. That knee is never coming apart again.

Posted

TD still wears his a brace. A pretty big one at that. Can't see how you missed it during the preseason game.

Now Gettis on the other hand, he wears one of those really small knee braces that you can get at Dicks Sporting Goods.

Oh and AP didn't use one at all.