Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your predictions for the final 53

34 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know if was the big of a deal that he can't learn from. If it really pissed them off they could have dropped him when they went to 75 and made an example of him.

I think we are in bad shape if either become our primary back and the special teams value is more important overall.

You could be right and I won't be upset..Just a fun exercise to kill some time at work.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and Poole. They are both talented, and aren't that terribly far apart.

I just have to wonder when it comes down to deciding between the two, how much of a factor his poor judgement will ultimately play in the decision. If he loses his cool like that in preseason, can they trust him in real games?

Posted

My prediction: The best "53" man who gives us the best chance to win a lot of games this season.

Posted

Campbell vs. Jones vs. Nakamura- I think Nakamura has the most value in terms of STs and actual Safety ability, Campbell has shown flashes, but still has a way to go, and Jones is a special teams beast.

Which 2 do you guys have?

Posted

In:

TE Williams

G Scott

DE Horton

RB Poole

Out:

QB: Clausen

DT/LB/S  Fua  (He begins the play at DT, so I guess that is what he is)

DE Addison

Posted

I think Colin Jones is our best ST player and really isn't too shabby on D.  I actually think he could make a run to get good playing time by midseason.    

Posted

Out:

DT/LB/S Fua (He begins the play at DT, so I guess that is what he is)

I see what you did there.... And I like it.

1 person likes this

Posted

T. Poole to me has more potential upside than A. Smith as a prototypical power back in the league. He looks more like the real deal when carrying the ball and has a similar body type to J-Stew. I'd like to see us keep #33. The only thing Armond has going for him is that he can return kicks but I haven't seen anything from him in that department that sets him apart or makes me think we can't do without him.

Also, I thought I read that Wharton is expected to start at LG due to Amini being out week 1 with an injury. If so, then G. Williams will start at RG.

We are deeper and more talented than ever at WR and DL. We are weaker than ever at OL. the last time we had an O line this weak was in the Seifert/ Beurlein era. The best they ever did was 8-8.

G-man will address it, but from what I've read the best we can get is stop-gap and depth. No starter quality players will be coming onto the market. Best we can do is look for a decent player cut from a team with a really strong O-line.

Posted

alot of teams need oline help and very few decent ones to go around..........will be tough.

getting Wharton was timely.

That and he lives in Charlotte and already has chemistry with Kalil and Gross.

We have a couple of factors in our favor too.  We are young and a playoff caliber team.  We have Cam Newton and we have $$$ to pay.

Gettleman is smart and will get us the best he can.

Posted

So far I've been wrong about Poole and Florence.

Edit: Wrong about Campbell too, although I had a hunch he might be going to IR. We never really heard a report about his injury.

Edit 2: David Gettis and Jason Williams wrong also.

Posted

So overall I got 48 out of 53. Two because of injury. Not too bad.