Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3rd and 2 ... Handoff to Deangelo....

97 posts in this topic

Posted

I think my exact reaction was why the F@!# did you cut inside you dumb #$%$#%$@  @#$@# you had the 1st EASY if you bounce it outside you #$%#$ #$%#$%@ &%@%$#$ urggGHHHHH RAGGGEEE

Posted

Looks like the OL got the push on them. Look where the line of scrimmage is and where most of the line is.There's only two defenders on our side of the ball and one of them is not in on the play. Good job by the OL for the most part.

Posted

D Will definitely had plenty of real estate to gain 2 yards. As others have said, just a bad read on his part. However, is this one of those third and short situations where we line Cam up in shotgun formation and hand off to the RB 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage? If so, that's some stupid fugging poo. We have a 6'5 QB and a 300 lb fullback. Pound that poo from behind center.

Posted

Question 2... Does Barner cut it to the outside and get the first?

Probably.

DWill's vision needs some work, but that's something that you can't teach.

Posted

Lets roll that tape.  Olsen has his hands on 2 guys but after watching him whiff so often if I were DeAngelo I wouldn't count on him blocking both of them.  Nothing against Olsen as a TE, but he is not a great blocker.

The right guard should be helping Olsen not standing there trying to seal the backside when their are no defenders there.

And the outside was not open as some here seem to think.  Williams would have had to be a rocket to get there before it closed down.  Olsen is trying to block 2 guys but he is not going to be sealing the edge.  So anything bounced to the outside is a footrace not a sure thing.

2 people like this

Posted

Bingo

dwill.jpg

But where is Cam? Most efficient first down maker in American football and he's not in any of these screen shots.

2 people like this

Posted

Probably.

DWill's vision needs some work, but that's something that you can't teach.

What I was saying in preseason is that Barner's inexperience may be a plus here. No way does Barner hang around the line and pray for a hole to open up. Deangelo has that experience and will do that. Problem is, our line doesn't open holes.

If Barner sees those guys bunched together he automatically goes into road runner mode and heads for the sidelines, because he doesn't know any better yet.

Posted

I found waldo

Posted

But where is Cam? Most efficient first down maker in American football and he's not in any of these screen shots.

15 yards back not getting tackled.

Posted

I say it 5 times a game:

6 ft 5, 240 lbs QB and you don't give it to him on a short yardage play?

The Pats run a sneak with Brady every time. And it works just about every time

And we don't want to do it because.... REASONS!

PS: Williams fumbled twice on Sunday, so don't give me ball security BS.

2 people like this

Posted

remember in deangelo's rookie year when he tried to bounce it outside every play?

I don't think he would've gotten there, especially against a fast defense.

Posted

What I was saying in preseason is that Barner's inexperience may be a plus here. No way does Barner hang around the line and pray for a hole to open up. Deangelo has that experience and will do that. Problem is, our line doesn't open holes.

If Barner sees those guys bunched together he automatically goes into road runner mode and heads for the sidelines, because he doesn't know any better yet.

Totally agree.

Would have also helped to be run to the "long" side of the field.

Barner would have just kept trucking toward the 1st down marker instead of trying to move a D lineman with his legs.