Just like everyone else here....when he decided to kick the FG and go up '6'. I knew how this story would end.
Rivera is incapable of change, of learning from mistakes. If he goes for it and the Panthers still lose the game, meh, it's the snakebit Panthers.....unfortunately we're used to it. But he did the exact same thing as before and we got the exact same result.
I was so pissed that I wanted G-man to fire Rivera before he could get on the bus @ the stadium and his ass would fly on his dime back to Charlotte to clean out his desk. I don't care what the players say....a 3rd slow start....he's lost the team. They'll still play hard, but we're approaching 2001 Seifert area here. Which BTW, had the Panthers playing the AFC East and lost to Buffalo 24-25 (6pt lead going into the 4th QTR).
Notes from this game: http://scores.espn.g...ameId=211209002
- "It's unreal," Panthers safety Mike Minter said. "Every week. I didn't believe it was possible. Twelve weeks in a row we've been talking about the same thing."
- Carolina's futility has been remarkable this season. Seven of the Panthers losses have come by a combined 17 points. They've also lost 10 games when leading or holding a tie in the second half.
My new goals in watching the Panthers this season. Two weeks in and playoffs, winning record, winning the South....those goals are gone.
- Beat Miami to close the book on opponents the Panthers have never beaten.
- Sweep Falcons and keep them out of the post-season.
- Continue padding Smith's stats....path to the Hall of Fame continues....
- Star to be on the list of possible DROY, if not win it outright.