Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Awesomeness!!

Does Cam make his WRs better?

137 posts in this topic

i think the oline and the play calling is really holding back the offense 

yes but mostly oline.  i may be the only one, but i havent had a problem with what shula has done so far, a ton of different formations, looks and route combos.  maybe calling such and such play at a certain time, but no one will always agree with that.

i never thought we could feel all the holes in one offseason, but with Gross winding down, Oline will be more important than WR next offseason unless we can snag a viable FA.

Most people don't watch football outside of panthers games. I watched Eli vs Peyton on sunday and we saw what he did. I watched Brady also vs jets oh but he's brady. I watched Dalton inaccurate on  throws yesterday (55%) with just a TD but his team won. Cam on Sunday was also at 55% with 2 TD but our team lost. Big Ben was at 54%...

Can't people realize that there is something wrong here? Cam is producing just the same if not more than some of these guys but we are going nowhere.

His TD's are low though. Look at the scores of the teams in the playoffs last season

We have a team that can get yardage, but not enough weapons to be a 24+ offense consistently. Check this out, last season 6 games when we scored 24+ we won 5 and lost 1. Those 5, we scored 30+ and we won every single one. The rest of the 10 games we played, we scored less than 24 and went 2-8

Add in Rivera faults as a HC, you get what you get

Also side things like terrible kicker in 2011, defense seem to always fold in the 2nd half especially on last drives, penalties 

His TD's are low though. Look at the scores of the teams in the playoffs last season

We have a team that can get yardage, but not enough weapons to be a 24+ offense consistently. Check this out, last season 6 games when we scored 24+ we won 5 and lost 1. Those 5, we scored 30+ and we won every single one. The rest of the 10 games we played, we scored less than 24 and went 2-8

Add in Rivera faults as a HC, you get what you get

Also side things like terrible kicker in 2011, defense seem to always fold in the 2nd half especially on last drives, penalties 

As a team, we were ranked 10th in TDs scored last season. We were tied with SF for that mark. We were ahead of the Bengals, Vikings and Colts who all made the playoffs. Cam had less true, but I remember Tolbert was given a bunch at the line to pound them in.

I don't think the playcalling is helping either..  we aren't drawing up timing routes which the QB can throw open a player.  

Cam missed Ginn a few times, but other than that long developing routes depend on the WR to effectively get open.  You can't just throw a ball 15 yards down field in anticipation when DBs have time to jump a route.

I don't think this is a black/white point I'm making, but it sure helps when the playcalling is set more to short/timing routes than the long ball.

I saw plenty of times no receiver was open and the distance to throw the ball doesn't allow the QB to just throw the ball to a spot (I did see situations that could have been taken advantage of though.  Not entirely sure that happens without a little rhythm set though)..  You can't effectively anticipate a pass and the receiver not get open or good DBs will jump the route.

Route combinations that cause natural rubs, slants, etc are quite different...

Keep in mind I'm not breaking down every single situation, just what I saw quite a bit of the time.

As a team, we were ranked 10th in TDs scored last season. We were tied with SF for that mark. We were ahead of the Bengals, Vikings and Colts who all made the playoffs. Cam had less true, but I remember Tolbert was given a bunch at the line to pound them in.

That's what Im saying by us raking up yardage. We moved the ball up that point and let RB's or Cam run it in. As far as Cam throwing TD's from 20 yards out, he threw 8 and 2 int. Luck threw 15 2 INT from 20 out with a much better passing rate. Dalton threw 20 td's 0 INT from 20 out with an even higher passing rating than Luck and Ponder is garbage lol in that weak ass division, in a advantage dome with A.P.

When you get down there, you have to put the ball in the endzone and stop settling for FG's like we do. When we start scoring 24+ we win

That's what Im saying by us raking up yardage. We moved the ball up that point and let RB's or Cam run it in. As far as Cam throwing TD's from 20 yards out, he threw 8 and 2 int. Luck threw 15 2 INT from 20 out with a much better passing rate. Dalton threw 20 td's 0 INT from 20 out with an even higher passing rating than Luck and Ponder is garbage lol in that weak ass division, in a advantage dome with A.P.

When you get down there, you have to put the ball in the endzone and stop settling for FG's like we do. When we start scoring 24+ we win

Over the last two seasons we were among the best in the NFL in red zone TD%

Lets see you.

You wish, not today sweetheart.

Over the last two seasons we were among the best in the NFL in red zone TD%

Yea but we were 16th in red zone touchdowns per game. Were 12 in offensive td's per game, but top 5 in offensive per td's per game our last 4, which we won all. All facts point to us scoring more, we win more. When we increased our red zone td's per game and offensive td's per game by atleast a TD the last 4 games, we won them all. Explains why we lose by 1 TD. Why we lose by 1 TD? Like I said Rivera faults and defense unable to hold onto leads, that answers celibate questions on what's the problem. This is why we end up as right about average record wise. We get up and go to a prevent passive defense when we should be full out aggressive 

It also doesn't hurt that guys like Manning are perfectionists who watch countless hours of game tape before each Sunday and spend time in the offseason working out with their receivers and making sure that everybody is on the same page. In fact when Jerry Jones wanted Romo to devote more of his life to football, he told him. "I want you to be more like Payton". 

I think to be great in the NFL, you really have to put in the work and study, study and study some more.

I believe early in his carer that was always the knock against Cam but some people study and some people just go with the flow. Normally, the guys who go with the flow show promise and have signs of flash, but eventually their lack of preparation catches up with them.

It also doesn't hurt that guys like Manning are perfectionists who watch countless hours of game tape before each Sunday and spend time in the offseason working out with their receivers and making sure that everybody is on the same page. In fact when Jerry Jones wanted Romo to devote more of his life to football, he told him. "I want you to be more like Payton". 

I think to be great in the NFL, you really have to put in the work and study, study and study some more.

I believe early in his carer that was always the knock against Cam but some people study and some people just go with the flow. Normally, the guys who go with the flow show promise and have signs of flash, but eventually their lack of preparation catches up with them.

To the contrary, that has never been a knock on Newton. He has always been described as a hard worker that spends a lot of time on preparation.