Photo
- - - - -

Carolina Panthers sign two cornerbacks...

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

holy guacamole 

#47 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Incoming App State homers.  I'm pretty sure all of those people played that same position in college and didn't convert.  I also know off the top of my head both Flacco and Moss were originally D1 players that transferred due to playing time and discipline issues respectively, there is a big difference.

I see your point, and I'm not an App State homer, I just enjoy rooting for the underdog.

Big difference between IAA and the power conferences? Sure. But top tier IAA programs are close, if not on par, with about a quarter to half of FBS programs. That was indicative the first weekend of college football this year. Raw athletes who are overlooked play IAA, check out any NFL roster, a lot come from the IAA ranks.

*can't argue with you on the position conversion, I don't get that. 

#48 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

I see your point, and I'm not an App State homer, I just enjoy rooting for the underdog.

Big difference between IAA and the power conferences? Sure. But top tier IAA programs are close, if not on par, with about a quarter to half of FBS programs. That was indicative the first weekend of college football this year. Raw athletes who are overlooked play IAA, check out any NFL roster, a lot come from the IAA ranks.

*can't argue with you on the position conversion, I don't get that. 

Right, but I think you were missing my point.  My point is the majority of players at DIAA level are a step down.  The guy we signed played corner part of his senior year and did a "okay" job covering players that are a step down from D1 level.  Bottom line is, all the players you listed dominated D1AA level, I don't want a guy who did "okay" at a lower level, especially when people are dropping like flies.  

#49 Toundra

Toundra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

5.10" 5.11"

sigh..

#50 GoApps70

GoApps70

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

With two App State players on the roster we should at least make the Super Bowl.

Wouldn't go as far as to say we will win it this year.  Rivera's job safe now probably.

Come on....bring on the hatred

#51 crushcard1976

crushcard1976

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

http://espn.go.com/b...-help-secondary panthers resign florence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.