Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

I'm hearing RIvera is out if we lose Sunday.

262 posts in this topic

Last year before Hurney was fired, JR asked him why the Panthers were 1-5

Hurney's answer was "I don't know". Hurney was fired.

What do you think Gettleman will say when asked?

2 people like this

Losing to win is a losers mentality.

1 person likes this

For the record, I still think the Panthers win on Sunday, so this whole thread is pretty moot.

He stands to lose more money from lost concessions and merch than he does paying RIvera to sit on the couch.

U think so? 

The only positive about a dreadful Panthers season is I can usually get free tickets easier or pay half of what I normally would.

Not to mention the numerous fans of other teams that will gladly take the tickets off your hands. 

I can understand the merch sales though, I'm not buying anymore panthers stuff this season. 

Where did u hear that?

But the answer to your question is he will say RIVERA

There's nothing wrong with fans wanting their team to lose now so they can have s better chance at winning going forward if they're being realistic about their chances.

Say you are a Jaguar fan. Do you really care about winning at all this year? You know you don't have enough talent to make the playoffs and you desperately need a new QB or franchise changing  player. Do you really want to win a couple more games to place you out of contention for that player?

In my book, it's always wrong to want your team to lose. Period. I realize other "fans" read from an entirely different book. That's their right. For me, as a fan from beginning to end, never, ever will I want my team to lose.

2 people like this

Where did u hear that?

But the answer to your question is he will say RIVERA

That's pretty common knowledge.

If he does go now, hopefully we use the extra time and really research for a good HC candidate. A candidate that matches Cam's style rather then conflict with it. I hope JR realizes that it's not realistic to continue to push for one style (Steelers) and hope to win by hiring a muddled mismatch of personnel and players. If he wants to be frugal when getting coaches and players, then he needs to be accommodating and drop his vision of emulating the Steelers - because his franchise players don't fit that style. He needs to make sure that the puzzle pieces will have a chance at fitting, otherwise you have a disjointed everything muddled mess of a team. You build around your QB not your Owner...

1 person likes this

This post right here speaks volumes.  If the question is ever asked of Gettleman, he is not going to fall on the same sword that Hurney did.

This post right here speaks volumes.  If the question is ever asked of Gettleman, he is not going to fall on the same sword that Hurney did.

Correct.

Mainly because Gettleman did not hire Rivera. There is no egg on his face for Rivera's failures.

This post right here speaks volumes. If the question is ever asked of Gettleman, he is not going to fall on the same sword that Hurney did.

JR should ask himself....he is the architect behind some silly poo since 2010. Need a GM and HC who work together and strive to be something. His pairings have prohibited that

2 people like this

I'm so split by this comment; on one hand, I would love to see the Panthers run and throw all over the Giants on their way to victory Sunday- one the other, I feel that for long term future success with this team we need a completely new approach from a coaching standpoint. Can we have the best of both worlds? A victory this week, and a coaching change in the bye week.