Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanadianCat

Rookie Review: Star Lotulelei - ESPN

48 posts in this topic

I was a huge Austin fan but assumed Star was gone by our pick....it waa reversed in the draft oddly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I still can't believe people here wanted Austin or Patterson with the 14th pick. 

I kind of wanted Austin, but now I'm glad we didn't take him. Patterson I think could have worked out. He's doing well in Minnesota. But all the same, it's hard not to be satisfied with Star.

Patterson had the kickoff return TD against the Bears that made highlights, but has been mildly disappointing as a WR so far.

I wanted Austin if Star wasn't there.

I would have taken Eifert at 14 if neither was there. I just know I didn't like the other DT's who were projected there and I don't believe in drafting interior OL's that high, especially OG's.

1 person likes this

Patterson had the kickoff return TD against the Bears that made highlights, but has been mildly disappointing as a WR so far.

I think he has 5 catches 73 yards on just 31 snaps. Also has a KO return.

Being brought along slowly but nothing disappointing.

I was hoping for Star of course but wanted Richardson if Star was gone. I didn't like any of the receivers this year, not in the first at least. Star in just afew weeks is already playing amazing. Imagine later in the year and years to come.

Most of the people who wanted Austin or Patterson were under the assumption that Star would be off the board

2 people like this

Most of the people who wanted Austin or Patterson were under the assumption that Star would be off the board

Austin and Patterson were not even the best receivers in the draft and that was my problem with picking them at 14. 

I kind of wanted Austin, but now I'm glad we didn't take him. Patterson I think could have worked out. He's doing well in Minnesota. But all the same, it's hard not to be satisfied with Star.

I kept saying they were mainly just kick returners and not worth picking that high in the draft. Austin can't seem to find any yards after the catch because his speed was over rated due to the lack of talent he played against and Patterson was mainly a kick returner, which he has showed so far, that they wanted to turn into a receiver expect he can't catch the ball. 

I don't know how people could have been disappointed with th star pick when it happened. I've never been so happy over a draft pick right when it happened

1 person likes this

According to you, Austin was very highly rated and few were surprised he went as high as he did.

Austin and Patterson were not even the best receivers in the draft and that was my problem with picking them at 14.