Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dameshek suggest trades

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/09/27/heres-the-deal/

Panthers get WR Hakeem Nicks; Giants get RB Jonathan Stewart 

Nicks – who’ll be gone from the Giants after this season – is the ideal solution for the restlessness his fellow North Carolina natives have endured since watching superhuman Cam Newton throw to an aging Steve Smith and a bunch of powder blue-clad Clark Kents.  Stewart gives the Giants an imperfect cure to their weak backfield situation.

they are the ones that win you championships..........

Posted · Report post

Here you go zod

http://nflphilosophy.com/understanding-contracts-cap-implications/

"Signing Bonus

Signing bonuses are exactly what they sound like. It is a bonus that is paid directly to the player at the time of signing his contract. For cap calculation purposes, the signing bonus is “prorated” over the life of the contract. This simply means that the amount of the signing bonus is spread out over the years of the contract evenly. So a $5 million signing bonus on a 5-year contract will count $1 million per year against the cap. Again, this is only for cap purposes – the player has already received this money. Signing bonuses are guaranteed and cannot be recouped except in extremely rare circumstances (think Atlanta vs. Mike Vick). The max proration for a bonus is 5 years. This is done so that teams can’t sign 10 year contracts to help alleviate the bonus hit."

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

lol

Posted · Report post

Lol, he's has to be a regular here now.

Posted · Report post

the bills-cowboys trade is the worst things i've ever seen.

Posted · Report post

Do it.

Posted · Report post

D-Will and J-Stew will retire as Panthers.  I don't care we are paying them trillions of dollars.

Posted · Report post

http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/09/27/heres-the-deal/

Panthers get WR Hakeem Nicks; Giants get RB Jonathan Stewart 

Nicks – who’ll be gone from the Giants after this season – is the ideal solution for the restlessness his fellow North Carolina natives have endured since watching superhuman Cam Newton throw to an aging Steve Smith and a bunch of powder blue-clad Clark Kents.  Stewart gives the Giants an imperfect cure to their weak backfield situation.

I wouldn't do this.  We're going to need Jstew more then we need Hicks this season.  It is an interesting proposal, and on the surface sort of exciting.   But we're one Dwill injury away from the season being a total wash if there's no depth behind him. I like Barner and I think he will develop but not this year, it's too late.   This is a trade I would make however if for some reason if we're out of the playoffs before the trade deadline just because we'll be in better position next year.

Posted · Report post

How has this gone two pages without anyone mentioning the "powder blue" part? Really Dave shitstain? Powder blue??
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Smith, Nicks, LaFell and Ginn would be a nice group.

I love JStew, but this is not a 2 RB league anymore, it's a passing league. We'd be just fine with DLo, Tolbert and Barner, IMO.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Why would they want this trade? 

Posted · Report post

I would rather rent Kenny Britt...