Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

venom

Swiss to Vote on Guaranteed $2800 Monthly Income for All Adults

153 posts in this topic

Well shucks... I moving to the Swiss Islands ASAP!

I like how people dismiss ideas as impossible when they dont fit with their personal ideologies.  I remember a few people had similar dismissive reactions to the fair tax thing, but it wasnt the same people.  Also, I think the fair tax had a similar idea (bare minimum provided to every citizen)

It very well may not work in the US, but has anything similar been tried?

I mean, if you require any change in national policy to meet such a high standard, then you literally will never change the system we have right now, because no other country is a perfect analog for the US

I agree, but this is the new way of thinking in our country.  No longer are we the innovators, which was bound to happen, but now we're also dismissing good ideas because we lack the confidence that we can do it correctly.  The generations 50-70 years ago would be disgusted.   We still think America is the absolute best, and it's still a great place, but the rest of the world (not all but a lot of places) are catching up to us or are even above us in quality of life and living.  

In the specific case of this though, each year we're farther away from the possibility because of rising CEO-to-worker ratio.  Good for the Swiss though, they seem to understand how people should live.

1 person likes this

Interessante

I am all over this, if we cut out enough to make it happen.

Wars, war on drugs, food stamps, health care, all of it would have to be on the board for me to even start to agree.

1 person likes this

Anyone see the piece on 60 Minutes last night on Social Security Disability abuse?

Congress has such a hard on for defunding something, defund the government disability program.

THIS IS fuging BEAUTIFUL.....

The citizens coming together for a solution that benefits the entire country.....

How can we deny that this would not help? Instead of people working just to survive, they will have enough money to pursue their dreams and ideal jobs or businesses. They wont have to worry about just paying the minimum payments on their bills and staying in debt with each generation.

the american way is NOT the answer and we have seen this first hand. We are supposed to be a wealthy country but the average citizen lives in borderline poverty and has immense debt owed.  The system we have in place is a system not designed to uplift everyone.  We are soooo deep into this system we are afraid to admit when the shyt doesnt work....im all for this....

1 person likes this

THIS IS fuging BEAUTIFUL.....

The citizens coming together for a solution that benefits the entire country.....

How can we deny that this would not help? Instead of people working just to survive, they will have enough money to pursue their dreams and ideal jobs or businesses. They wont have to worry about just paying the minimum payments on their bills and staying in debt with each generation.

the american way is NOT the answer and we have seen this first hand. We are supposed to be a wealthy country but the average citizen lives in borderline poverty and has immense debt owed.  The system we have in place is a system not designed to uplift everyone.  We are soooo deep into this system we are afraid to admit when the shyt doesnt work....im all for this....

Another case of people wanting more free poo that they don't have to do anything (training, school, work, etc) for.

Rough numbers here...Rough adult US population (over 20) is 230,320,143...x 2,800 = $644,896,400,400......per month.