• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Didnt you say you were beginning to miss Hurney in another thread? Which is it?

I've seen that said on here, but don't recall it coming from Zod.

#42 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

No. You praise and criticize him for the same move in different threads.

Show me where I have ever said I am starting to miss hurney, as you said.

#43 ZeroZeroSeven

ZeroZeroSeven

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

i really hope so. this team is too loose and too happy when game time comes. they need to be hungry and pissed. they've gotten complacent and comfortable, even when losing. they accept it as just something that happens and just shrug it off. they'd become good losers and that's the culture. i really hope gettleman is changing that culture and i think this may be part of it. if you aren't helping the team perform, you are likely going to be leaving the team. it doesn't matter how much you are liked, how great you are in practice, or how hard you try. results are all that matter. i think maybe hurney was too optimistic about his players and was too much of a buddy. i dont want them to see gettleman as an enemy, but i do want them always looking over their shoulder and never comfortable with where they are or how they're doing.

You mean professional football players should always be striving to improve to help the football team or risk being sent packing? Wow...who would have thought NFL players should be subject to this mantra? Of course I'm being sarcastic. I've got no problem with drafting all around good character individuals, but complacency should not be accepted and when they step on the football field they should play with an aggressive, play to win mentality instead of playing not to screw up. However, our head coach has not implanted this mentality into the team, due to him also living (and dying) by the play not to lose mentality. If any fan of this team wants to point to one all encompassing reason why the defense, while good, can't get a critical stop or the offense can't punch in a TD instead of a field goal when it matters, well there you go. I get it, our players don't execute and make mistakes but there's 31 other NFL teams that do too. It's about mentality and preventing the snowball effect. That's what makes the difference in a winning team and a losing team.

#44 csx

csx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Show me where I have ever said I am starting to miss hurney, as you said.

I misread the quote you answered "Yep" to.....carry on

#45 tjmurray

tjmurray

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationMemphis, Tn
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

For example, why he cut AE over Hixon. Hixon just as irrelevant at WR and sucks on ST.

Very good point.

#46 Byrdman4real

Byrdman4real

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

So we cut AE and signed C Brian Folkerts, WR Marvin McNutt, resigned Ben Jacobs and Jeff Tarpinian to PS. What the Hell is going on!!

Can some one please make a post of this. 

#47 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

Gettleman doesn't play by anyones rules.

Not even his own.

Indeed.

Case in point: Constantly injured, non-performing Domenik Hixon.

#48 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

NBA ANALYST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationESPN Studios
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

jopefully part of this "cleaning house" is the head coach and OC

#49 Bishop

Bishop

NOT NEWB

• LocationWashington DC
ROOKIE

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

Truthfully I'm all for Gettleman cleaning house. He inherited a mess off a football team. Bad contracts,coaches,players and all. Trust and believe he will turn the organization into a winning franchise. It takes time. We will be going into the draft with a number of picks on our side and cash to grab up some quality " "Proven" FA. Patience is necessary. 

#50 EasternJ

EasternJ

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Cutting Armanti is like removing the spare tire from your car and expecting it to run better.  There were already open roster spots and AE wasn't consuming cap room.  I  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL, David Gettleman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users