Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Time for Some Good Horror Movies!

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Slasher films don't do anything for me.

The Thing. Watch it at night in the dark and turn the AC on so it's cold in the house.

Sinister was creepy.

Creepiest scene: Tale of two sisters, the ghost mom walking in the bedroom still ranks up as scaring the POO out of me.

Posted

Rosemarie's Baby is pretty creepy. Not scary, but just a good creepy flick.

Posted

'Session 9' is one of the eeriest things I've ever seen.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wizard of Oz scared the crap out of me. Fug them flying monkeys!

Posted

Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

Best horror movie ever.

3 people like this

Posted

Just watched incidus....thought it was lame

Posted

Insidious is really good for the first half..but laugh out loud bad ...like a "Scarowinds, the movie" badin the second half IMO. My 11 year old was laughing at thr preview of Insidious 2 saying..are they scary bc of white make up and goofy faces?! That's my girl. We just rented a throwback fun style horror movie "trick r' treat" is incredibly fun to watch. Kind of a Tales From the Darkside or Cats Eye with intervening stories. No not the movie with Alice Cooper either..same title waaayyy different movies. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Insidious is really good for the first half..but laugh out loud bad ...like a "Scarowinds, the movie" badin the second half IMO. My 11 year old was laughing at thr preview of Insidious 2 saying..are they scary bc of white make up and goofy faces?! That's my girl. We just rented a throwback fun style horror movie "trick r' treat" is incredibly fun to watch. Kind of a Tales From the Darkside or Cats Eye with intervening stories. No not the movie with Alice Cooper either..same title waaayyy different movies. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Agreed, great first half build up, but then when they go to the other side, and fight demons, it just got silly...laughable.

Posted

If your Into 35mm film and live around Charlotte, might want to check this out.

35 mm screening

(1985) Demons directed by Lamberto Bava

10/24/13 7:30pm - Crownpoint Stadium 12

http://www.backalleyfilmseries.com/

Posted

The Descent really stuck with me for a while. Very good in terms of claustrophobia and those crawler things are so creepy.

I really liked the Saw movies too for some reason. They're not scary and I understand they're actually terrible movies, but that whole "you can escape only if you make this crazy decision" premise really intrigues me.

Posted

Wizard of Oz scared the crap out of me. Fug them flying monkeys!

Both that and 'Willy Wonka' are listed in Bravo's "100 Scariest Movie Moments".

Posted

I second "Session 9". Very underrated and still on Netflix I believe, plus it stars David Caruso.

I really liked the first two Paranormal Activity movies. If you haven't seen the first one I would highly recommend it. You'll hold on to the covers tight when you go to sleep.

If you are a big horror fan you must watch "Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon". This movie is all sorts of kickass. It's like a behind the scenes "mockumentary" of a guy determined to be a scary serial killer. Lots of references to classic horror villains, and a great climax I don't want to spoil.

Also mandatory viewing for horror fans is "Cabin in the Woods". Brilliant film.

Another classic is "Pet Cemetery". That one never gets old.

"Hatchet" is a really fun slasher throwback. Made in 2006, Hatchet has some awesomely gory kills. If you are a fan of Friday the 13th you'll love Hatchet.

1 person likes this