Fight or Meltdown?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,754 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

Players want a win but I also think that possibly they want Schiano gone more.  What better way to send him on his way then to lay an egg in a Nationally televised game. 

also easy to lose your job when the next coach arrives putting slop on tape....

players play usually.  Our guys played hard with lameduck Fox and Jimmy Jam to the end.  They weren't playing for Fox.....

#17 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

30-3 Panthers and the fans saying they were scared of this game will look silly. I honestly cant think of a better opponent to play to get above .500

Jacksonville.  Plus TB always plays us hard.  You should be worried.

#18 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

also easy to lose your job when the next coach arrives putting slop on tape....

players play usually.  Our guys played hard with lameduck Fox and Jimmy Jam to the end.  They weren't playing for Fox.....

our players liked fox though.  They didnt want him gone.

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,632 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

I think they'll play inspired until we stomp whatever confidence is left in them out.

We CAN NOT guve them hope. Punch them in the mouth and don't let up for 60 minutes.

#20 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,729 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

I think if they're playing some random team, the chances of them not giving a poo would be higher. But this is a division rival. Games between the Panthers and Bucs will be physical and hard fought until the end of time.

#21 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,754 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

our players liked fox though.  They didnt want him gone.

well, have you watched Tampa?

Does that D look like they aren't playing hard?  David especially is flat out balling 

#22 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Jacksonville. Plus TB always plays us hard. You should be worried.

The Bucs were in a very similar situation in 2011 like now and we beat them like 40-16 in Tampa Bay when our D was utter garbage.

#23 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

The Thur night aspect is my real concern.

Games are won during the week....RR didn't have his team prepared in his only Thur game. Short week was a big issue. We were horrible against a team we should of been in it with

I'm concerned about the short week to an extent, but I do remember hearing that Ron and coaches started reviewing film last Friday. I'm also encouraged that the quick turnaround for the players could mean they still have the buzz from being pumped up this past Sunday.

#24 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

The Bucs are going to win a game this year. They have talent on that team. A lot of it. The NFL is unpredicatble especially national TV games. I was reading some of the TB message boards this week and a lot of them sounded like they wouldn't have been too upset to see Josh Freeman light it up on MNF and the Panthers beat their asses on TNF. A lot of them had the feeling that would have been the final nails in the coffin for Schiano and he would have been fired on Friday. 

Personally, I'm still bitter about those Buc games last year and I honestly think Cam could have a game similar to what he did against the Iggles last year on MNF. 

Like I said though - the Bucs are going to win a game sooner or later and I don't care if we win by 1 or 100 as long as we get in & get out with a W!!!

and no MRSA

#25 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

The Bucs are going to win a game this year. They have talent on that team. A lot of it. The NFL is unpredicatble especially national TV games. I was reading some of the TB message boards this week and a lot of them sounded like they wouldn't have been too upset to see Josh Freeman light it up on MNF and the Panthers beat their asses on TNF. A lot of them had the feeling that would have been the final nails in the coffin for Schiano and he would have been fired on Friday. 

Personally, I'm still bitter about those Buc games last year and I honestly think Cam could have a game similar to what he did against the Iggles last year on MNF. 

Like I said though - the Bucs are going to win a game sooner or later and I don't care if we win by 1 or 100 as long as we get in & get out with a W!!!

there's a ton of people here hoping the same for Rivera.

#26 mc52beast

mc52beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

I expect to see a very angry and hostile team, they are made out to be the laughingstock of the NFL right now with basically no shot at winning tonight... don't be surprised if the game is decided in the final minutes.... 

#27 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

These guys are professional athletes, and Alpha personalities do not like to lose.

We will receive the full effort that they can muster tonight.

But I agree with other posters. This team is clearly more talented, and if they can not win this game, then we have to face reality that this team is not what we think it is, and that we just whooped some bad teams, nothing more.

I dont believe that. I think we will win by 10+.

#28 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,520 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

As a fan, I'm not worried at all right now. However, if we lose I will probably cry and be depressed until about Tuesday.

#29 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,764 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

it meltsdown into a fight on the bucs side

#30 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER