Photo
- - - - -

I give the bucs only about a 50% chance of scoring on offense.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

The Bucs put up 23 on the road last week.  Glennon is a rookie but he has a good arm and decent weapons.  

#17 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

Seriously, if nick foles and Matt Ryan can both put up 31 points, so can we.

#18 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,114 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Two words

O-line

Or is that one word

#19 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Let's just hope we don't lay a dud like Rivera is capable of doing.

Rivera to his credit hasn't laid an egg this year IMO he's coached us to success the players haven't executed on a few different plays. Seattle we still had Godfrey good coverage but always seems to be one step to slow like on the TD. And then Dwill fumbles our chance to close the game. Buff we all know Rivera wouldn't have gotten scored on at age fifty if he was out there on the field Josh blew that simple. Az Rivera didn't drop a Td and a first down, another first down on fourth down etc. Dude has us playing lights out since day one to me this season and we don't really notice it based on his past DUDS I understand but when I speak on him know I truly give him mad credit he's on his sh*t this year

#20 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Two words

O-line

Or is that one word

According to Football Outsiders. through week 7 we have the #12 ranked O-Line Falcons are ranked #16 and Philly is ranked #19

http://www.footballo...rs.com/stats/OL

Jus sayin...

#21 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Combine the factors:

1. Bucs look like a medic ward

2. Our players are looking for revenge for last year, especially on defense

3. Rookie Quarterback for Tampa

4. Muscle Hamster out

5. Greg Schiano is the Janoris Jenkins of likable coaches

That's not to say we will score a bunch on this defense, though.

Prediction:

Panthers 20

Bucs 3

yep.

people keep talking about how the bucs are fighting for some respect and their first win and acting like we really don't have any reason to come in their fighting or might not come in doing it, but the truth is the team that we saw fighting the rams just a few days ago just doesn't look like the same roller coaster team we've been seeing for the past couple years.

both teams are going into this game fighting for some respect (if the bucs have any fight left in them), but one team is pretty much thriving and definitely trending upwards as far as this season go. the other team just gets uglier and uglier.

one thing i am completely confident in is that the panthers won't be taking this game lightly. they'll come out swinging. i feel like the bucs will probably come out swinging as well, but i think that the panthers will do more with their punches because i think they're in better shape mentally and physically.

#22 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,697 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

We make rookie Qb seem like the next Montana.

#23 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

I don't give a damn how we win, as long as we win.  Also, no significant injuries.  Need all the healthy players we can get.  

#24 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

The Bucs put up 23 on the road last week.  Glennon is a rookie but he has a good arm and decent weapons.  

it was against the falcons, tho.

they've given up 14 passing TDs so far this year (tied for 25th and only one less than jaxville and buffalo who have given up the most) and have only had 3 INTs (again tied for 25th and only one away from the 2 worst), 14 sacks (tied for 25th ...with the bucs, btw), and QBs throwing at them have a rating of 104.7, which is the second worst in the league only behind jaxville.

so...glennon looked pretty good last week, but it was against one of the bottom feeders in pass D this year.

#25 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

According to Football Outsiders. through week 7 we have the #12 ranked O-Line Falcons are ranked #16 and Philly is ranked #19

http://www.footballo...rs.com/stats/OL

Jus sayin...

But don't look at the stats. Just look at the names and make assumptioms durr

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#26 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,697 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

it was against the falcons, tho.

they've given up 14 passing TDs so far this year (tied for 25th and only one less than jaxville and buffalo who have given up the most) and have only had 3 INTs (again tied for 25th and only one away from the 2 worst), 14 sacks (tied for 25th ...with the bucs, btw), and QBs throwing at them have a rating of 104.7, which is the second worst in the league only behind jaxville.

so...glennon looked pretty good last week, but it was against one of the bottom feeders in pass D this year.

Yeah Bucs can only score about 10-14 against good defenses.

#27 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

I hope this doesn't turn into the prime time game we had last year against NY. I think we'll win, it's just these type of games haven't been good to us in the last few years

#28 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Our offense isn't really designed to be high scoring. It's a methodical ball control system that uses a balanced ground and pass attack to move the chains and grind opponents down.

We have an "on schedule" offense. We have to see if the team can win if that schedule is disrupted.

I actually think is a good thing as we have been a "feast or famine" offense under Chud. Our current offense is designed to work in concert with our strength - the D.

#29 !stUp

!stUp

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationPlotting Against The Falcons

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Here's the $64,000 question: Has anybody laid a good hit on Glennon yet? I'm not talking a "love tap", I'm talking a knock the hell out him hit, like CJ, Hardy or any of our guys are capable of. I'm not so sure he can endure too many. I know with his height, his size may be deceptive, making him appear more fragile then he truly is.

#30 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

My new mantra. They are not a good team. We are a pretty damm good team. We win.

If, we can shut down what little running game they have, Shiano will shut it down completely. They will be one dimensional by the second quarter. Win-win. They want to see what Glennon can do. We want to rush an inexperienced, immobile QB throwing the ball all day.

They are a dink and dunk team, that throw it deep occasionally. Sure it can keep your QB upright, but it is an arduous way to move the ball. And you can lose patience with it when you get behind. And they will be behind all game.

If Cam and Shula continue to jibe. We will move the ball and score some points. Teamed with our Defense. Tampon is staring at another loss.

Their only hope to keep the score close is to have zero turnovers, and hold us to 9 or less possessions. If they can do that, they only lose 30ish-10. If they allow us to get 10 or more possessions? It could get real ugly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com