Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Didnt the Rams game prove that Rivera and Cam can win a close one?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

I know the Rams game was a couple weeks ago, but I keep hearing the knock from fans saying Rivera and Cam has proven they cant win a close game. Do we not forget that Rams game was a close game and a game we would have easily lost year? I forgot exactly when in the game, but remember, Bradford did lead a scoring drive and made it a 8 point game and that was nearing the end of the 3rd qtr, or maybe even in the 4th. How did we respond? We came right back on offense, scored a TD and the rest is history.

If that was the Cowboys playing the Rams, Rams would have came back and won. Oh, and for those that dont consider a 8 pt lead as a "close" game, you are forgetting the Bucs game last year in Charlotte, we had a 8 pt lead with 58 seconds left in the 4th, what do the Bucs do? Freeman to Vjax, touchdown, 2 pt conversion good. We lose in OT and the rest is history.

Now if you want to knock Rivera for not yet winning a game we were trailing, well thats a different conversation. Frankly though, I hope Ron is never put in that position to begin with because me personally, I love blowing teams out.

#2 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

I have confidence this team can win a close one.

Hell, the Saints home game last year was a good example.

#3 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,045 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

I'd consider the fact that he has two wins in that 2-14 close game record proof that at least knows how to win the occasional close game. It's a fluky as hell stat anyways and no one wins all of them.

It'd be great to get that trend reversed though.

#4 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

That was one of their best "close wins" ever, but it's still not saying all that much. For instance, if you plugged Cam and Ron Rivera in for Stafford and Schwartz yesterday, do you think they manage to do what the Lions did in that final minute? I don't know want to knock either one because both have been doing so great lately, but I still haven't seen anything that tells me they would have won that.

#5 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,340 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

To be fair, I hadn't seen much by Stafford or Schwartz before that to suggest they'd pull that one off either, SMF.  So... you never know.

#6 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,045 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

That was one of their best "close wins" ever, but it's still not saying all that much. For instance, if you plugged Cam and Ron Rivera in for Stafford and Schwartz yesterday, do you think they manage to do what the Lions did in that final minute? I don't know want to knock either one because both have been doing so great lately, but I still haven't seen anything that tells me they would have won that.

Do we get Calvin Johnson too?

#7 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Literally everything on the Lions would have been the same only with Cam instead of Stafford. I don't know, probably not, although that's not a fair comparison because that final drive was one of the best of the past few years by anyone.

#8 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,754 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

There were two pretty great catches on that last drive, and two amazing passes.

I'm not sure Detroit could win that game more than once every twenty chances

#9 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

close game to me; is tied late or trailing by 3 or 4... score a TD and win the game when its coin flip and in the final quarter. we don't win those. Buffalo was a close game. The Rams game really wasnt

#10 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

People need to look up Aaron Rodgers' record in close and come-from-behind games.

(Let me give you a hint if you don't want to look it up, it's not good)

Then maybe they will shut up about this stat and realize that points count the same amount no matter how many points your opponent has or what quarter it is.

#11 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,410 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Watching Quinn is like watching puppies play...so much fun.

#12 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

That Rams D is scary man, lol. Just keep the midget Wilson in the pocket, he will fold.

#13 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

That Rams D is scary man, lol. Just keep the midget Wilson in the pocket, he will fold.

He's so overrated. The other QB I seen that dances around waiting for somebody to get open is Romo. If the seahawks defense wasn't so dominate you'll see the huge difference and huge criticism

#14 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

He's so overrated. The other QB I seen that dances around waiting for somebody to get open is Romo. If the seahawks defense wasn't so dominate you'll see the huge difference and huge criticism

I said this at the beginning of the season that he is not a pocket passer. He always looks to scramble, coverage breaks down and then boom he hits a pass. It's no coincidence that Pete Prisco confirmed it in an article just four days ago!

http://www.cbssports...so-why-rush-him

#15 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,753 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

IDK but the Rams are making us look much better right now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.