- - - - -

A new Panthers Fan!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#25 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Honorary Honeydick Member

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

Very cool I'm waiting patiently now for a future panther fan to come in this world should be any time now. ..

I'm going to change my username to grandpaluckydog

#26 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

Your story warmed my Heart!

Congrats!!!!!!

#27 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

Awesome story. I teared up a lil

#28 Rook35200

Rook35200

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

I have a similar story with my 5 year old son. Two weeks ago I took him to his first Panthers game against the 49ers(I live in the bay area now). His other relatives try to force the 49ers on him by buying him jersey's etc, but he is still a huge Cam Newton fan. Before the game my son did not want to wear his Kaepernick jersey(Thank God!) that his mom bought him, but I was able to convince him that it was ok to wear his Gore jersey. On the way to the game he kept telling me that he wanted the Panthers to win, but that all changed when we got to the stadium and saw all of the 49er red and gold. By this time he wanted the 49ers to win. I don't blame him though, because he's 5 and kids are easily influenced. Anyway, throughout the game he noticed me cheering my heart out for the Panthers, regardless of being surrounded by a gang of 49er fans, and by the end of the game my son told me, Dad...I want the Panthers to win, and I knew right then and there he became a true fan.

#29 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Love it, we need to be developing that next generation and establishing what the Steelers fanbase has, generations upon generations of fans.

My children will come out of the womb decked out in Panther gear, no doubt about it!

But unlike Steeler fans, our youth will not smell like poo nor bleed bratwurst grease when cut.

#30 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Way ta go man! You have joined the Good Guys.

#31 NY Panther fan

NY Panther fan

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

The fan base here will just continue to grow. My wife and I are transplants but our five year old son was born here. We are complete Panthers fans (as well as Bobcats and Canes fans-still Yankee fans.). My son is all about the Panthers and Cam. I can't stand seeing other transplants still holding on to their old teams. This is our home, and the Panthers are our team. I'll be at BOA December 15, and certainly won't be wearing green and white.

#32 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

It's up to us to make this fanbase relevant (plus stringing some winning seasons together wouldn't hurt).  We have to think about the kids born into Pantherdom, where they don't endure the expansion bias and all that crap.  Today's youth should see the Panthers are no different than the Cowboys, Redskins, or Patriots.  They're the new generation, they don't give a fug about how many rings Dallas won, or Pittsburgh won, or any of that.  If they grow up in this culture, and see Cam as the leader of a winning program, we will have arrived - I mean all the way arrived.  And will continue to create these Panther fans until an opposing fan from some shithole northern town wanting to see "their" team play in BOA will have to fork over their life savings to get a ticket, all $800 of it.

And to hell with those old franchises still clinging to success from before electricity, it's a new era.

#33 ecualumni06

ecualumni06

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

What a great moment your a good dad

Keep pounding!!!

#34 NY Panther fan

NY Panther fan

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

It's up to us to make this fanbase relevant (plus stringing some winning seasons together wouldn't hurt). We have to think about the kids born into Pantherdom, where they don't endure the expansion bias and all that crap. Today's youth should see the Panthers are no different than the Cowboys, Redskins, or Patriots. They're the new generation, they don't give a fug about how many rings Dallas won, or Pittsburgh won, or any of that. If they grow up in this culture, and see Cam as the leader of a winning program, we will have arrived - I mean all the way arrived. And will continue to create these Panther fans until an opposing fan from some shithole northern town wanting to see "their" team play in BOA will have to fork over their life savings to get a ticket, all $800 of it.

And to hell with those old franchises still clinging to success from before electricity, it's a new era.

It's happening, trust me.

#35 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

My dad was a huge sports fan and I'm glad he shared that with me. He was redskins fan sadly but I know he would have been proud to see cam show out on mnf

#36 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

My dad was never big into the NFL, figured he never had time for it.

I finally got into it around 07.

I'm just glad I suffered through the Delhomme meltdown and the Clausen experiment so I can appreciate what we have now.