Photo
- - - - -

Duke gets a recruit in...a year early???

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

Andre Dawkins (a reallly talented SG prospect) was slated to go to Duke in 2010. He was actually going to reclassify and go to Hargrave Military Academy this year. However, it appears that somehow he has managed to, instead of reclassify, he will graduate EARLY of all things. Congrats to the kid but this really just pours salt on the wound especially with some news coming out surrounding Lorenzo Brown that he didn't graduate because of all things....he missed too many days of school.

Where the hell is his HS coach/support system on that??? Sorry...just a little frustrated right now.

#2 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:44 PM

Personally, I believe this shows the NCAA's bias toward all of their "big money" schools.

#3 SKULL

SKULL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:00 AM

Looks like Dawkins HS and coach got behind him amd ensured he graduated

Whereas Brown HS and coach did not follow up with him after the season .

#4 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:14 AM

Looks like Dawkins HS and coach got behind him amd ensured he graduated

Whereas Brown HS and coach did not follow up with him after the season .

No argument here...

#5 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

Andre Dawkins (a reallly talented SG prospect) was slated to go to Duke in 2010. He was actually going to reclassify and go to Hargrave Military Academy this year. However, it appears that somehow he has managed to, instead of reclassify, he will graduate EARLY of all things. Congrats to the kid but this really just pours salt on the wound especially with some news coming out surrounding Lorenzo Brown that he didn't graduate because of all things....he missed too many days of school.

Where the hell is his HS coach/support system on that??? Sorry...just a little frustrated right now.

So he will play this year for Duke? If so that is great news for Duke. Kind of hurting at guard right now.

#6 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

So he will play this year for Duke? If so that is great news for Duke. Kind of hurting at guard right now.

Oh its a genius move by Coach K to dig up the fact that this kid can play this year. IMO he could use another year on the AAU circuit to completely come into his own but when you are getting killed on the roster rotation like Duke is you kinda have a reason to speed things up...

#7 powellj1

powellj1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:36 PM

Kind of hurting at guard, Don't you mean really hurting at every spot. The only championships Rat face krezewsky is winning are with the olympic team. He is slowly running Dook into the ground by not going after the one and done players. That is the only shot he stands to compete with Roy and the boys.

#8 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:05 PM

Kind of hurting at guard, Don't you mean really hurting at every spot. The only championships Rat face krezewsky is winning are with the olympic team. He is slowly running Dook into the ground by not going after the one and done players. That is the only shot he stands to compete with Roy and the boys.

Ignorance in it's finest form.

#9 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

Good news if you're a dook fan. They were hurting.

#10 ProfessorPeppers

ProfessorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

Ignorance in it's finest form.

Along with ignorance, throw in a tiny...umm large sprinkle of homer-ism as well.

Good news for Duke, we were really hurting at guard. Hurting at every spot? With the exception of Henderson and Paulus and Williams eveyone is coming back. Add to that 2 big men, which is something we haven't had in ages (talented ones anyway).

Edited by ProfessorPeppers, 16 July 2009 - 08:32 PM.

#11 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:17 AM

Ha. This post right here makes Htars post's not look so meaningless.

#12 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

Along with ignorance, throw in a tiny...umm large sprinkle of homer-ism as well.

Good news for Duke, we were really hurting at guard. Hurting at every spot? With the exception of Henderson and Paulus and Williams eveyone is coming back. Add to that 2 big men, which is something we haven't had in ages (talented ones anyway).

That's not saying much.

#13 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:29 AM

That's not saying much.

Yeah, I wasn't really sure how to answer that one. I think Duke will be fine, but losing Williams and Henderson was a huge blow. They were the stars of that team last year. Basically all we have that is good coming back is Singler.

#14 Delhomeboy

Delhomeboy

Wage Slave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

Yeah, I wasn't really sure how to answer that one. I think Duke will be fine, but losing Williams and Henderson was a huge blow. They were the stars of that team last year. Basically all we have that is good coming back is Singler.

I wouldn't say Williams was a "star." I think he showed the potential to be one. I think he could've really done well this year, which is why he was such a big loss. Now Henderson, on the other hand, is a big blow. Paulus, I'm just happy to see leave.

#15 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:48 AM

I wouldn't say Williams was a "star." I think he showed the potential to be one. I think he could've really done well this year, which is why he was such a big loss. Now Henderson, on the other hand, is a big blow. Paulus, I'm just happy to see leave.

He wasn't a star like Henderson and Singler, but he was a freshman and he really looked the part of our next great pg. He was a superb defender for us when he got the starting job. I kind of felt Henderson was leaving to begin with so to me losing Williams was a bigger loss. A lot of people don't like Nolan Smith but i think he will be pretty good. He started off nice last year, but struggled to defend the smaller speedy guards. We will be seeing some interesting lineups from Coach K again this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.