Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perusing the internet I found a great show to watch

28 posts in this topic

Posted

It's called 'The Wire'.  I'm about 10 episodes in and it's not half  bad.  You guys should check it out.

Posted

Never heard of it.

Posted

I've got about ten episodes left, it is talked about A LOT on the huddle, which is leading me to sense sarcasm, but I could be wrong.

I started watching it when a debate over best show ever broke out, it and Breaking Bad.

Posted

Is it about toasters? We need a show about toasters.

Posted

Stringer Bell is playing Nelson Mandela in the upcoming movie, by the way.

Posted

I've got about ten episodes left, it is talked about A LOT on the huddle, which is leading me to sense sarcasm, but I could be wrong.

I started watching it when a debate over best show ever broke out, it and Breaking Bad.

No debate to me.  Breaking Bad was better.  If I were to score it so far...I'd give BB a 9.5 and The Wire an 8.24.

Posted

No debate to me. Breaking Bad was better. If I were to score it so far...I'd give BB a 9.5 and The Wire an 8.24.

It gets much better, and the seasons are very diverse. The plot continues but different aspects of the city are shown. Major characters remain, but new ones come too.

I do think your grade is spot on though.

Posted

The Wire...I will forever be an absolute TV snob in regards to it and criticize anyone who hasn't watched it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

It gets much better, and the seasons are very diverse. The plot continues but different aspects of the city are shown. Major characters remain, but new ones come too.

I do think your grade is spot on though.

I'm not doubting it can get better, but so far it's not the "be all, end all" of TV shows.  So far, in my TV viewing experience, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, are better.  Not by much, but still better.  My opinion may change as the show goes on though, since I'm only about 10 episodes in.

What it is, is a very well written, well acted, well produced TV show...no doubt about that.

Posted

I'm not doubting it can get better, but so far it's not the "be all, end all" of TV shows. So far, in my TV viewing experience, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, are better. Not by much, but still better. My opinion may change as the show goes on though, since I'm only about 10 episodes in.

What it is, is a very well written, well acted, well produced TV show...no doubt about that.

It took me forever to figure out where I had seen him before, but the actor who played "Gale" from Breaking Bad is on season 5 of The Wire.

Posted

I'm 5 episodes into Season 2 and I gotta say, I'm not feeling it.  Season 1 was great.  So far season 2 is meh.

Posted

I'm 5 episodes into Season 2 and I gotta say, I'm not feeling it. Season 1 was great. So far season 2 is meh.

2 was my least favorite, by far.

Five will blow you away.