• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

So I started a new job here in Asheville recently. Yesterday they asked me if I could come in tonight and work until close.  I didn't have anything going on so I said "sure."  Well this morning my family in Charlotte calls me and surprises me with tickets to the game tomorrow, and they want to tailgate in the morning, which means I would have to leave tonight.   :

So do I call in to work and tell them I can't come because of the Panther surprise, or do I bite the bullet and look like a good employee and skip the game?  I'm leaning towards calling in, because I don't get a chance to go to many games because of logistics cost. Plus we're good this year. Plus it's a surprise Christmas gift.

#2 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,264 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

I blew off a sales trip to Houston for the MNF Game, so you know what my opinion is.

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,760 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

You only live once and the Panther game is a lifelong memory.

#4 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

Honesty is the best polic

#5 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,970 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

So I started a new job here in Asheville recently. Yesterday they asked me if I could come in tonight and work until close. I didn't have anything going on so I said "sure." Well this morning my family in Charlotte calls me and surprises me with tickets to the game tomorrow, and they want to tailgate in the morning, which means I would have to leave tonight. :

So do I call in to work and tell them I can't come because of the Panther surprise, or do I bite the bullet and look like a good employee and skip the game? I'm leaning towards calling in, because I don't get a chance to go to many games because of logistics cost. Plus we're good this year. Plus it's a surprise Christmas gift.

Depends on the likely reaction and backlash of calling in now. A big deal, then I would not risk it fir a football game. Not that big of a deal , them call in.

You could call in sick.

#6 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,395 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

What time would you get off and what time does tailgating start?

#7 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

Depends on how much you value the job. Panthers games are great and all, but they dont pay the bills unless you work for the organization.

#8 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

What time would you get off and what time does tailgating start?

I wouldn't get off until about 11:30 tonight...tailgating starts after people wake up and take showers.......then it's time to pepper the coffee with some Bailey's. I think we wanted to hit the light rail about 9:30 though. Which mean I'd have to leave around 7am from Asheville.

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,970 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

I wouldn't get off until about 11:30 tonight...tailgating starts after people wake up and take showers.......then it's time to pepper the coffee with some Bailey's. I think we wanted to hit the light rail about 9:30 though. Which mean I'd have to leave around 7am from Asheville.

Get off at 11:30....head home for 5-6 hrs of sleep....then drive in. You would be here by 8am.

Don't see the issue....I prob won't get but 5 hrs of sleep tonight.

#10 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,567 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

What hatter said. And if you miss an hour or two of tailgating so what?

#11 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

Yeah not sure of the dilemma here. It seems that work today and football tomorrow are both doable.

If you had to work tomorrow, then that's a different story.

#12 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

I'd imagine your parents would understand if you were a little late. Sunday mornings up from Charleston is usually a pretty quick trip.

#13 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,395 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

I think your best option is to do both then.  5-6 hours of sleep is enough for a football game.  If you are a little late for tailgating then no worry.  The game and having a job are more important.

#14 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,373 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

Just be honest. You will probably be rewarded. Or get someone else to cover you.

#15 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Tailgating is fun, but the game is the biggest part. Go to work, go home, sleep, get up at 5 or 6, and drive to Charlotte. Not a big deal. All else fails, you will get home before too late tomorrow night, which means you can hit the hay a bit early and catch up on any lost sleep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com