Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need advice from Panther fans.

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So I started a new job here in Asheville recently. Yesterday they asked me if I could come in tonight and work until close.  I didn't have anything going on so I said "sure."  Well this morning my family in Charlotte calls me and surprises me with tickets to the game tomorrow, and they want to tailgate in the morning, which means I would have to leave tonight.   :

So do I call in to work and tell them I can't come because of the Panther surprise, or do I bite the bullet and look like a good employee and skip the game?  I'm leaning towards calling in, because I don't get a chance to go to many games because of logistics cost. Plus we're good this year. Plus it's a surprise Christmas gift.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I blew off a sales trip to Houston for the MNF Game, so you know what my opinion is.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

You only live once and the Panther game is a lifelong memory.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Honesty is the best polic
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

So I started a new job here in Asheville recently. Yesterday they asked me if I could come in tonight and work until close. I didn't have anything going on so I said "sure." Well this morning my family in Charlotte calls me and surprises me with tickets to the game tomorrow, and they want to tailgate in the morning, which means I would have to leave tonight. :

So do I call in to work and tell them I can't come because of the Panther surprise, or do I bite the bullet and look like a good employee and skip the game? I'm leaning towards calling in, because I don't get a chance to go to many games because of logistics cost. Plus we're good this year. Plus it's a surprise Christmas gift.

Depends on the likely reaction and backlash of calling in now. A big deal, then I would not risk it fir a football game. Not that big of a deal , them call in.

You could call in sick.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

What time would you get off and what time does tailgating start?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Depends on how much you value the job. Panthers games are great and all, but they dont pay the bills unless you work for the organization.

9 people like this

Posted · Report post

What time would you get off and what time does tailgating start?

I wouldn't get off until about 11:30 tonight...tailgating starts after people wake up and take showers.......then it's time to pepper the coffee with some Bailey's. I think we wanted to hit the light rail about 9:30 though. Which mean I'd have to leave around 7am from Asheville.

Posted · Report post

What hatter said. And if you miss an hour or two of tailgating so what?

Posted · Report post

Yeah not sure of the dilemma here. It seems that work today and football tomorrow are both doable.

If you had to work tomorrow, then that's a different story.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'd imagine your parents would understand if you were a little late. Sunday mornings up from Charleston is usually a pretty quick trip.

1 person likes this