Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need advice from Panther fans.

66 posts in this topic

Posted

So I started a new job here in Asheville recently. Yesterday they asked me if I could come in tonight and work until close.  I didn't have anything going on so I said "sure."  Well this morning my family in Charlotte calls me and surprises me with tickets to the game tomorrow, and they want to tailgate in the morning, which means I would have to leave tonight.   :

So do I call in to work and tell them I can't come because of the Panther surprise, or do I bite the bullet and look like a good employee and skip the game?  I'm leaning towards calling in, because I don't get a chance to go to many games because of logistics cost. Plus we're good this year. Plus it's a surprise Christmas gift.

1 person likes this

Posted

I blew off a sales trip to Houston for the MNF Game, so you know what my opinion is.

3 people like this

Posted

You only live once and the Panther game is a lifelong memory.

1 person likes this

Posted

Honesty is the best polic

2 people like this

Posted

So I started a new job here in Asheville recently. Yesterday they asked me if I could come in tonight and work until close. I didn't have anything going on so I said "sure." Well this morning my family in Charlotte calls me and surprises me with tickets to the game tomorrow, and they want to tailgate in the morning, which means I would have to leave tonight. :

So do I call in to work and tell them I can't come because of the Panther surprise, or do I bite the bullet and look like a good employee and skip the game? I'm leaning towards calling in, because I don't get a chance to go to many games because of logistics cost. Plus we're good this year. Plus it's a surprise Christmas gift.

Depends on the likely reaction and backlash of calling in now. A big deal, then I would not risk it fir a football game. Not that big of a deal , them call in.

You could call in sick.

3 people like this

Posted

What time would you get off and what time does tailgating start?

1 person likes this

Posted

Depends on how much you value the job. Panthers games are great and all, but they dont pay the bills unless you work for the organization.

9 people like this

Posted

What time would you get off and what time does tailgating start?

I wouldn't get off until about 11:30 tonight...tailgating starts after people wake up and take showers.......then it's time to pepper the coffee with some Bailey's. I think we wanted to hit the light rail about 9:30 though. Which mean I'd have to leave around 7am from Asheville.

Posted

What hatter said. And if you miss an hour or two of tailgating so what?

Posted

Yeah not sure of the dilemma here. It seems that work today and football tomorrow are both doable.

If you had to work tomorrow, then that's a different story.

2 people like this

Posted

I'd imagine your parents would understand if you were a little late. Sunday mornings up from Charleston is usually a pretty quick trip.

1 person likes this